Empire Site | Ads On Site Not Suitable for 'Family Server'

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexC__, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Un-Suitable Ads Should be Blocked?

Yes 13 vote(s) 61.9%
No 4 vote(s) 19.0%
I enjoy the images. 4 vote(s) 19.0%
  1. I've gotten the metal detector ones as well. I guess it could make sense for me considering I'm unemployed at the moment and do need money for bills, etc. Haha.
    hayleycolgan and apamment like this.
  2. That's what I wanna see. Gun ads... or even ads for shootin' beer cans. As it is, all I ever see are ads for free downloads of minecraft
  3. You could drive a dump truck. Apparently this and other mining related jobs are available in Western Australia.
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  4. I know what Justin and Jeremy are doing... they are trying to do minecraft in real life but cheating and using metal detectors to try and find iron so they can build some iron golems to protect their houses. I see what your planning you two!
  5. We're using unauthorized mods, IRL.
  6. looks like the ads take into account the page you're currently viewing as well. for some reason for me, the server page always gives me dating ads on the side and server hosting ads on the top, but not on the forums pages.
  7. This would require moving... but I'd drive a dump truck up and down the outback as long as it included a wage increase :D Would be nice to be surrounded by English speaking peoples again too. about half the ads that are presented to me are in Japanese
  8. I haven't seen anything I regard as "not family safe". Especially given the 13 requirement to be on these forums.

If a 13 year old on the Internet is shocked by the ads they see on this site, they're doing something wrong.
  9. At the moment I have ads about loans and car financing, and servers and website domains. :/
  10. Ahaha,, mine at the moment are car loans..
    It's fun reading what y'all get :p

Ahaha, I live in WA :D
  11. I used to live in Perth. Do miss it for sure :)
  12. Cheap flights, game downloads and processors ^o)
  13. google ads, research ads, an ad for rootbeer its all the same! XD
  14. Refreshed my page and the ads I got were...
    computer hardware and sims 3
    the internet knows me so well :cool:
  15. *walks down the street* *Sees a man flying around* "what the heck? Who is that?"
    "Oh, don't worry, it's just Jeremy. He's the admin on life so he can do that."
  16. Well at least it's not an X-Ray mod :p
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  17. are free runners just useing the smart moving mod irl?
  18. Then he wouldn't need the metal detectors :p
    apamment likes this.
  19. Really, you could have x-ray powers in real life and the first thing you think of is finding hidden metals?
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  20. Shhh! There's kids who have no idea what we're talking about! But no, that would actually be the last thing to cross my mind...