Empire /Shop

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MistroMouse22, Jun 29, 2012.

?

Should the Empire Shop lower their prices a little bit?

Yes 2 vote(s) 5.9%
No 23 vote(s) 67.6%
Not a little bit, ALOT 9 vote(s) 26.5%
  1. im not a gold or diamond supporter though
  2. invalid. you can go to utopia town even if you arent a supporter, but only supporters can use the wild.
  3. ok ill try soon, playing LOL atm
  4. i have no mover perm on that res...
  5. Trust me, when your doing a big build such as 1577 or 1783 and your on the last leg, just about done and you need a few more stacks of sandstone you will /shop them....
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  6. The Empire Shop is a cornerstone of the EMC Rupee monetary system.
    It serves two primary purposes:
    1. Encouraging player-to-player trade, enriching the economy itself
    2. Acting as a rupee sink, where rupees cease to exist.
    3. Selling entities which are otherwise unpossessable through normal means, such as Chainmail Armor

If there wasn't an Empire Shop, then the only way for rupees to exit the economy would be through players being banned, the Vault, and wild chest locking.

The Empire Shop on each server is one of the biggest rupee sinks of all, attracting primarily new players with 1,000r to spare. If it didn't exist, something called inflation would rise more rapidly.

Inflation is a key part of most real-world economies, determining the value of money. If rupees kept coming in from sources rupee giveaways, new player rupee grants, donation rewards and daily bonuses without rupee sinks to balance it out, then the individual rupee would decrease in value extremely rapidly. If this happened, things like diamonds could cost hundreds, even thousands of rupees, and even dirt would become an expensive commodity in the long term.

But let's say something such as all rupee giveaways stopped.
    The Empire Minecraft administration wants you to believe that they're giving you rupees from the kindness of their heart, but along with that, there are two other motivations.
    1. Adding depth and excitement to a big new story (the Minecraftopia partnership, 40,000 member milestone etc.)
    2. Stabilizing the economy.

If there weren't any rupee giveaways, then inflation rates could drop to dangerously low levels to the point the rupee is increasing in value.

That sounds good and all, but it isn't quite what it seems.
    Let's divide the Empire community into three classes.
    1. The working class. Anyone with under 10,000r who would carry out jobs, the worst way of making rupees, for cheap pay.
    2. The middle class. Anyone with a small business like a shop or a slot machine, who has between 10,000r and 100,000r.
    3. The high-class. Anyone with a large business like a huge megastore. These people have 100,000r+

If the rupee began to increase in value rapidly, then Empire Minecraft would become more centred around rupees and the economy. Nothing would be able to happen without financial backing and the days would be gone where users would do things out of the kindness of their heart, instead looking for payment for absolutely everything.

Power would be redistributed to the high-class minority. These players would exercise complete control over the economy and the other players in the other classes.
    Eventually, working-class players fed up with this would get bored and move to another server.
    The middle class would swiftly follow.
    Throughout this, high-class players would notice the problem of their loss of control and drop off, one by one.

The Empire would be left with a small minority of anarchist wild communities, living as players on other servers would. The Town on each server would be a desolate land, sparsely populated with new players in dirt houses struggling to prosper under the intense financial conditions.

And that is how Empire Minecraft will become Greece if rupee giveaways stop
  7. 100k club?
  8. i used to have tons of money like you... then i took a silk touch pick, a few efficieny unbreaking picks, a lot of diamonds, workers and smoothstone to knee. i still cant move it from all that weight.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  9. Im fine with the prices right now, but at least make it so we can SELL stuff to the Empire Shop. Not like it needs it, but say you are poor and you have tons of junk, but no where to put a shop. What do you do now? You sell stuff to player shops. BUT, say nobody wants your saplings or something. The Empire Shop will buy them off you. Perfect solution to a Minecraft person that collects everything (Like me) Seriously, I collect every piece of dirt I can xD
  10. do i really have to go over this every single time somebody comes up with the ingenious idea of selling to the shop?!?!?!?!
    ok so once upon a time blah blah blah people sell dirt to shop, new people dont stay because of corrupt economy, people leave because of that too, people naturally leave over time la-dee-da then supporters have left they cant afford to keep servers up some close people leave more close smp1 is left smp1 closes.
    there you go, crash course in the doom of emc. feel free to look up entire threads about people saying what you just said and me smashing their hopes and dreams with the hammer of despair and dis-confidence.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  11. Hmm I hardly use shops nowadays except to buy in bulk of diamonds or glowstone every now and then but I do live in the wild most of the time and find resource on my own. :)
  12. A well thought out and written post...
    matthew12hydro and 72Volt like this.
  13. I buy rare items from there from time to time.
  14. Actually I was just thinking of a couple uses for those extra saplings and that extra dirt. Landscaping and reforestation project for the wild. It's an idea I've been toying with, at least on the reforestation part. I've been going to the wild a lot lately just to mine sand and sandstone. I pass by some floating tree tops with no trunks every day. And I have lots of extra saplings that I'm not selling. So I might just start planting trees everywhere I go. :)

Plus I have a chest that sells AND buys dirt, just because.