Empire Minecraft News: July 2016

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Alts.
  2. Nice going here! I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at the "staff recommendation" page, especially because I do hope that you keep basing your decisions on skill and not so much on popularity. Being the all time popular guy is not a qualification to become staff in my opinion.

Now, this is not criticism nor a complaint, just a comment. Because in all fairness it wouldn't be the first time when I thought "why would they do things like that?" only to discover that it was actually working perfectly :) I hope that you'll manage to attract some new greenies, because I can't help notice that we're often "staff less" in-game (which in itself doesn't have to mean anything because I know you senior guys can sneak in without us knowing ;)).

Well, fortunately this doesn't mean that we don't get any new players at all. Those are pouring in quite nicely, I think we had 3 - 4 new players almost every day on SMP2.
    Patr1cV, RaiinNL and Blondekid42 like this.
  3. Recommendations are not popularity based. Players requested the ability to let us know who they think should be staff as a community input aspect of staff choosing.This is that form. It's still dependent on the usual factors, this is just something extra to allow the community to give their opinion for our consideration.

Our normal advertising is still bringing in players. This just means there were no player referrals.
  4. It will be epic so I can't wait, but as soon as I get my dilemma with logging back in solved
  5. It's a dilemma? How?
  6. Cool, and good luck to those entering the contests and those applying for staff. May the best of luck be with you all. :)
    Blondekid42 and SirTah like this.
  7. Could someone tell me what the referrals are? Is it the most clicks in-game?

Yes I am a noob ;)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Referrals are when a player joins the Empire and writes in that they were referred by a certain player to join. As for the clicks, this is to do with the referral banner. The referral banner can be put on other websites and if someone clicks it then you get a point in your tally, the people with the most clicks get rewards. You can find your referral banner by hovering over your name on the top bar, and then clicking the word "referrals". There is more information there for you!
    607, Theomglover and ShelLuser like this.
  9. Apart from what Fendy said up there you may also want to check this link: https://empireminecraft.com/rupees/referrals.

You can find it under the 'My Empire' menu. It shows you your own referral URL and a banner which you can use.
    Patr1cV, 607 and Theomglover like this.
  10. Thanks, I know next month ^>^
    607 and ShelLuser like this.