Empire Guide books in /tutorial

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, Aug 4, 2012.

1. I found it quite hard to get through the tutorial as it was (I had a low attention span at the time :p) so you make a point :D
  2. Tutorial was easy I actually read the guide :p
  3. Good suggestions to a good suggestion! An EmpireGuide ingame is definitely a 'MUST HAVE'!
  4. Thank you for your kind words :)
  5. Ge Musta!
    DERP.jpg
  6. I still feel it's imperative that new players are made aware of and are forced to consult the online guide while in the tutorial. Once they are finished, receiving an in-game version that they could refer to would work well as more people are likely to use an in-game reference than to look on the site.

From a technical standpoint, does anyone know if it will be possible to spawn specific written books in a player's inventory? I assume that currently only standard items can be added, but if there is not a plugin that can enable this then I'm confident that Justin, Aikar or someone else could whip something up.
    ZBSDKryten and hayleycolgan like this.
  7. I mean it should stop people from being "HOW DO I DO THIS TELL ME NAO!" as we will just be like "Chill down and check the book."
    AlexChance likes this.
  8. I assume that it works like any other items. Much like enchantments, I'm guessing that the book code is something like book:35252 for an edited copy. I could be wrong though, don't hold it against me.

Also, I think that directing players to the site to complete the tutorial is great. It means player understand that there IS actually a forums section and ect. :)
  9. Sure, the book and a "book and quill" or "finished book" are two separate entities, but I'm referring to a specific instance of a finished book, one which has the guide transferred into it. You can't just tell the server to give the player a finished book and expect it to have the guide in it. I can only imagine you would actually have to add the "guide book" into the game as an item with its own ID, or something long those lines.
  10. Yeah I see. But wouldn't the edited version of the guide always have a code like book:12345, so that code could be placed into the inventory, just like the tools, food, ect.