EMC Wiki

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CtrlAltEnigma, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Lol almost finished and than you say that! :)
  2. If this is absolutely necessary I will not object, but I (and Empireminecast I am sure) would like the videos to be shown from our channel so we can acquire the views and get the subscribers that we work for by producing our videos.
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  3. YES. This is pretty important since if this Wiki gets huge, the traffic we get from it would be really beneficial for us both. That and there are things like in our case we have monetized all of our videos to help generate funds for the Empire as well.
  4. Yep and that wouldn't be a problem. I was talking about if the videos weren't online, I would happily use your links.
    (This applys to Yukon1200 too)
  5. Admittedly, it is pretty bloated but it gets the job done. When I'm finished with it, it wont look or act like Wikimedia planned it to.
  6. I see what you are getting at. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is good in as far as it goes. If people wanted to put videos on the wiki and they didn't have a Youtube account or didn't want their Youtube account on there they could send you the videos and you could upload them yourself. BUT (and this is the big one) how would they get the videos to you in the first place. If they went to the trouble of uploading it to sites such as mediafire ect. Wouldn't they want to upload it themselves?
  7. inb4 pages about all the mods and popular members
    also inb4 someone tries to ruin my good name
    Green_Mystery and Frodomann1 like this.
  8. I'd find a way young padawan.

It's against wiki rules to post pages about members so action will be taken against anyone who tries it. Also, I'm keeping an eye on who signs up so you'll have to confirm on EMC that it's you before you can edit anything.
  9. Just a little warning to say that the site is going to be offline for most of the rest of today. I might have slightly screwed up the domain registration (it's sorted, just need the DNS thingy to do it's thing).
    Frodomann1 likes this.
  10. I edited a few things (just small things) This is fun! :D
  11. What did you edit? I would have checked myself but the sites offline so I cant.
  12. To make the wiki extra special, I'm experimenting with some software to make some interactive tutorials. I'll post one here when it's done.
  13. And we're back! The DNS thing's have decided to work again! :)
  14. For anyone who's interested, here's a rather primitive example of the interactive features (link).
  15. Frodomann1 likes this.
  16. Is the wiki already up?
  17. It's up but the themes not online yet and there's no content (apart from the live map page). Feel free to sign up though! :)
  18. Is there any kind of format for what our personal page says? I mean, do we have to have it like typical Wikipedia bios, written in the third person, or can it just be "I am a Diamond Supporter, I am awesome."
  19. It can be whatever you want :) I'm sorting out a code with will put that in huge letters at the top of you page to.