EMC - The Community That Forever Lives On

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheGovernment, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I 100% agreed I think people are just leaving because all there "Minecraft friends" are.
  2. Maybe, maybe indeed. I used to play with several IRL friends who left AGES ago, but I'm happy because I made friends with a ton of awesome guys on here.
  3. I only have 3 RL friends who play on here and that is fine because of the same reason you just stated
    AlexChance likes this.
  4. Eclipsy toboy1 and the list goes on...
  5. Ok, guess I will throw my two cents out there. I know you have all been waiting anxiously to hear it!

There is nothing currently wrong or different with EMC. The reason you see so many "top players" have these mass exits is because they are on top. Most of these guys are the ones who have done everything they can to get to the top. Now they are there and have no where else to go. They can go to another server and start the climb to the top again.

I'm afraid I have some very bad news for them. I spent a lot of time hopping around servers - I even dabbled in starting my own. Nothing compared with EMC. Justin is brilliant. There is no other server owner out there who has built such a solid, well organized, and structurally sound server. Trying to play on any other server is like having your teeth pulled out.

Starting your own is tedious, and expensive if you plan to keep it to very few players - so you are not getting many donations. It is nearly impossible to break into the, already, flooded server market to get players.

One of two things will happen.

A) The players will jump around servers a while then slowly just stop playing MC, drift to other games.
    B) They will jump around servers then come crawling back to EMC. This is going to make their long farewell speeches seem a bit silly.

This is not the end of EMC. Not even close. This handful of people are not what make emc great. Justin, ICC, and our staff make EMC great. We still have a great community. I have met a lot of wonderful people here.

Pab10s
    Supergamerguy97
    Roblikescakes
    Michael_Nolan
    Zebrafishcat
    Zeke1o0o
    Creepigcreeper

I could go on a very long time, but these are the main people I speak to on a daily basis. Feel free to message any of them if you want to meet someone nice. We have a lot of amazing players left here. In a couple of weeks no one will remember those who left. Life will move on easily without them.

Here is a little bit of culture for you. =p

6. What happened to Bob? :(

But in all seriousness that is very well written and couldn't be more true!
  7. Very well said. All 100% true. I've seen it happen already in the past and we'll see it again in the future. It's just a cycle certain people go through. :p
  8. Also, epic video! Haha.
  9. *curtsies*

Honestly, I could not say it better than the video does.
  10. No, you did not miss another meeting. We were just having an unofficial discussion about people leaving and we decided to post this article.

11. more culture.
    k123nino likes this.
  12. I don't see why though. I enjoy staying on top.
  13. I'm a veteran player thats leaving with one word to say: Approved.
  14. I can understand leaving if they no longer feel challenged. I don't know most of the players listed, but I try hard to be friendly with everyone so seeing veteran players leave is sad. But, rather than be sad or be afraid of EMC closing (which I seriously don't see any danger of), I want to wish anyone leaving or just taking a break good tidings. Whether you return or not, I hope you enjoy yourselves.

As for everyone NOT leaving... Hi there, friend!
  15. I'd like to state that this person is an excellent helper. We murdered a good 500 chickens on SMP1 yesterday. :)
  16. I didn't know that cows killed chickens!!!
  17. havent u ever been to chick-fil-a?
    zebrafishcat likes this.
  18. Yes but I thought that the cows bribed people into killing chickens.
  19. As Previously Stated By My Good Friend Melodytune This Video Fits Perfectly In This Thread And Just In Case You Missed It Here It Is Again.
  20. tl;dw (too long didn't watch) - There will still be crumpets and tea without you.