EMC needs PVP!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cypher_Rahl, Jun 7, 2012.

?

Should EMC implement PVP?

Yes! 48 vote(s) 30.6%
Nope. 109 vote(s) 69.4%
  1. That's generally what I was thinking. To expand on this sentence:

Say Mr_Tiny is mistakenly allowed back on to EMC, and decides that he wants to cause mischief on the PvP server. He logs on, and spawns in a small lounge high above the world. He soon discovers that, because we don't want people getting diamond armor and going all tank on new players, he can't join the current game of PvP until a new round starts in the next few days. He then commences to rage and goes back to SMP, tries to steal another egg, makes another troll thread, etc.
    Meanwhile, I am waiting in the lounge with a few friends. I do /who. This command tells me who is currently PvPing, and who is waiting in the lounge. I then do /join, which tells me that a game is already in progress, and that I must either wait until a new one begins or do /wait, which will automatically add me to the next game. I then do /waitlist, which shows me all the players that are signed up for the next round.
    The next day, a new game begins. There is a 24-hour window between games which players are given to join. After the 24-hour window is up, everyone is allowed to rush outside of spawn and start killing each other and mining.
    hayleycolgan and roblikescake like this.
  2. We have a genius on hand people! 11 yes/29 no = 50/50!!! Everyone bow down to his infinite math skills!! Just to let you know, 50/50 is about half agree and half disagree...
  3. How about you face-keyboard until you cant continue ranting on anymore?:) and stop changing the OP to try to make others look dumb:)
  4. Guys, really? Please try and be mature about this. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all. And that goes for everyone.
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  5. Just saying, but saying everyone who disagrees with you is wrong is kind of

Otherwise, it would have been a better idea to just put the original post on a different, already established, thread. If you have pvp, it ruins the point of the server. In the tutorial, you did not answer the first question with anything to do with pvp. That should not be changed ever.

By the way... this is something besides saying just no.
  6. SAE; I actually really like the idea of EXP rewards. It makes a lot of sense to me. It takes the mass exp farm monopoly down a notch.

Like I said I was inspired by another servers HG game, being loads of fun. So I was thinking of a version with a smoothed out EMC feel, with my fav Minecrafters, on EMC.

Here is a more detailed explanation:
    First I like the idea of sanctioned events best.
    Why? Because events are a lot more easily regulated. On the legit AND the illegit side of things.
    So if it's an announcement you can get the most people possible included. Resulting the best, most challenging experience. (More the merrier?)

Harder to See Benefits.
    Giving planned events creates a lot of social structure, improving the 'feel' of the server.
    In my opinion, it's chaos. There are events which are awesome and such. But in general it's randomly done by players, mostly. Ordered events add a sense of unity to the server IMO.

How a HG game would go.
    (whether an entirely different EMC server or a sanctioned event)
    -Games announced.
    -Everyone has empty inventories. (maybe everything is auto emptied into the 'vault', or something. (everyone should be aware that they will have nothing.)
    -Game starts (Various Types HG, there a few.)
    -It's always a FFA , survival, last-man-standing, type game
    -You build up a weapon and armor ASAP.
    -Lasts till the 2nd to last person alive, dies.
    -After a winner is declared the event is over.
    -Nothing else happens until another HG is hosted. (By mod, automatic, or whatever)
    -As soon as anyone dies they respawn back wherever. (Home, bed, /spawn, wherever. Again, on either a separate server or within the already established ones. Doesn't really matter.)
    As recently stated I think a EXP award would fit.

I'll post the other idea in a sec.
  7. The EMCake_Party will be releasing a statement on the matter soon.
    SecretAznEks and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. I actually do enjoy the fun of PvP, however cheaters often use cheating tactics to get a higher advantage over the other opponent. This what ruins PvP, people who just hate PvP can't fight for their lives. Its survival for the fittest you have to use whatever there is in your vicinity to try to kill the other player.

What if you were in the hunger games? Would you complain that "OH MA GAWD There should be no fighting in this game!!!" Instead of complaining try to learn some new skills in the game.
  9. Yes, they are.

"Never misunderestimate human stupidity" (sic)
    Cypher_Rahl and STENGMAR000 like this.
  10. I have played on Hunger Games servers, and if/when we decide to do PVP I will be strongly pushing for that format.
  11. See the regular world PVP is usually innately difficult to get right. That's why I'm for sanctioned events. Although if there was SOME WAY to make combat related weapons/armor usefull for the SMP market I'd be for it.

Than you're mistaken.

I do. And if you had more sense, you'd see the problem with that.

Fair enough. But you can't plan for that either. You must go forward positive. Kneeling to the stupid creates an 'idiocracy'. An actual film and a philosophical lesson.

I'm not saying their wrong, I'm saying don't reply with just a 'no'. Like what you did? Acceptable.
    I didn't want to necro post.
    Also, where there is PVP now? (No where) Should remain, I agree.

In other, NEW, locations? I'm for.

The content has never changed. I just added fancy colors to elaborate what I've said in an attempt to stop having to repeat things.

For very redundant reasons, I said it was 50/50. I factor those that have yet to read the OP, ignorant and disregard there poll cast, as it is not well thought out.
  12. Woo! :D I hope so! That would be best case scenario for me.

Oh and your (new to me) portrait really explains your name better.
  13. Your post may make sense but how about who only wants to contribute to EMC? I would not pay to be a supporter in any other server other than EMC because I think EMC deserves my money.

Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  14. For the record, please stop with the personal insults everyone. Please only attack ideas, not those who made the ideas.
  15. I think cows are just plain stupid. I mean seriously? Milk from udders... Horrible IDEA.

<3
    GamingbySam likes this.
  16. Milk is amazing.
  17. LOL, off topic humor is okay with me. But udders are like many dispensers. Very efficient animal.
    thecontroller likes this.
  18. This is you if I ever find you in my lawn...
  19. More like greenhouse gas making animals! Down to cows!
  20. I figure you would have gone with this.
    SecretAznEks likes this.