EMC & MCQuarterly

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, May 21, 2012.

1. LegendaryCraft dropped by with a nice donation this morning.

Also, I have good and bad news, and I want to get EMC's opinion, since you're our first real community to be released on. Good news is, I spoke with several printing agencies today and now have a fair idea of approximately how much it'll cost to print the magazine in full. Bad news is, if I want this to be anywhere affordable for you guys, I'm going to need to buy in bulk. The bulk prices exceed our available funds and even our current donation goal ($1500) significantly, so I'd rather not go and purchase a 1000 copies. :D Having said that, if there's enough interest, I will put pre-orders up on our site, and if we meet our quota, I can go ahead and tell the printer to print (since we'll then have the funds). If we don't meet our quota, I could always refund the pre-orderers in full.

So I have two questions (which will probably become polls on our site):
    1. Given the current sponsor list (not including outside releases, which we have some), could we get 1000 pre-orders?
    2. At what price would you be willing to order?

EDIT: And I wouldn't complain if we broke even, either. I'm excited that this may go to print. Just need to make sure we can cover the costs.
  2. I personally would pay normal shelf price for this. what does it run for a magazine these days? 5.99? hell, i would pay more, and i already pre-ordered xD. However, I am just one opinion among a thousand.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  3. Well, its a very good magazine that idk 30 million people (most minecraft players) would wanna buy so a good price would be like 7.99 because of high demand. Alot of people would want to get their hands on one of those magazines.

EDIT: Also, if you are having a special edition, id pay 10 bucks for that!
    But im just more in the economical realm so.... do what you can
  4. I would pay maximum of $14.99 for one. Heck, I might buy like 12 and hand them out at school :p
  5. I'm fine with $5.99 for each magazine. Also, how many pages are in it?
  6. I'll have a much more accurate page count this time tomorrow; the display team is actually compiling all the content now. Having said that, it's about 50-60 pages, full bleed color. Most magazines run 50-70 pages. At 1000 copies, it'll cost us about $5.25 each to print an ship.

EDIT: After some hard bargaining with a local printer, I think we'd be able to sell at $5 if we can get around 1400 orders.
  7. I would buy for 5. Heck, I would buy for 6.
  8. this looks like a great magazine i think ill get it
  9. Hey man no refund necessary :) And you said only 15 pre orders? Thats crazy! More people should pre order!
  10. Hell, I would buy it for 10! I am so keen to get this magazine for reasons people will find out when they read it ;) :D
  11. Orders are now up on the website. We need 1400!

Everyone who pre-ordered or bought the raffle, your purchase has already been upgraded to an order as a thank you for your early enthusiasm for this.

While I am very sure of the printing costs right now, the shipping costs are still a little elusive, since we'll be covering international shipping. With that in mind, the final sale price is $7.00. If it was domestic US shipping, that'd be cheaper, but this way, we can account for international shipping and break even with some pennies to spare. :)
    MR2R2M, EmpireShop and SecretAznEks like this.
  12. Hey man, I pre ordered, and it doesnt say antyhing about my order being upgraded. Is this normal?
  13. Yeah. There's no "new" message. I still have all the records of the pre-orders, and I'm just going to count those as orders. There's no "ordered" message now.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  14. Ok so I see you have only had 27 orders :'(

Not what I was expecting but never the less. I would still be willing to pay top dollar for a hard copy for myself.

What would the price be?
  15. I think that's largely because we really haven't been "released" (at least recently since we've had a website) aside from EMC and LC. Once the digital issue is out, I think a lot of people will want to.
  16. I check your site everyday... and i noticed you went from around 700 orders to 28 orders again... was there a database error or something of the like?
  17. Someone *cough* me *cough* made a typo in the script. It's around 28, but that should increase pretty well once we release tonight. :)
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  18. at what time will it be released? I meant to ask this earlier.
  19. Published it 26 minutes ago. Go here. :)
    MR2R2M likes this.