EMC & MCQuarterly

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, May 21, 2012.

1. I just bought my copy! You can't go wrong with the price, and a MC mag is a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing ;)
  2. I will get it!!
    It needs to be printed though
  3. Not only is it a minecraft magazine but it has empire minecraft in it aswell
  4. quick question. What process decides who gets a printed copy? I would really like to hold this in my hands. I mean, I would enjoy the release either way, however it would be nice to know what actually goes into deciding who gets the printed copies.
    margaritte and hayleycolgan like this.
  5. And how many
  6. A limited number of hard copies of the first issue will be printed. Ten (10) will be given away, all randomly. Seven (7) will go to those who pre-order, and three (3) will go to the first 100 regular sales. Additionally, those individuals who officially sponsor us will receive one as a thank you.

Since we, ourselves, are unsure of the success of this first issue as well as the demand for printed copies (EMC is the first site we've fully released on...), we apologize that the finer details of the printing are unknown currently, and that is largely also because we are still in negotiations with a couple of printing firms to secure the best print possible, so the costs are still unknown to us (and our production costs run off these sales). Should we receive enough funding, though, more than 10 may be given away. :)

Feel free to ask any questions or concerns you may have, though. And I'm loving all the submissions! EMC has some talented builders and writers. :)

And excuse my abuse of smileys. :D
    hayleycolgan and margaritte like this.
  7. Officially sponsor meaning donate more than $100, correct?
  8. Yes. And I hope that does not come across poorly, either. While we love developing this, this is a volunteered hobby for all of us, so we will work with what funding we have. :)

But as I said, should funding allow, given the great interest in it, we'd love to give away more copies. :)
  9. Looking at your sponsor list, you have quite the range of sponsors. However, your "funding meter" does not exactly match up with the amount of sponsors. Or maybe Im confused. To be on the official list it is stated you need to donate over 100 dollars.. and there is quite the list there. However, you meter only notes a little over 300 dollars raised. Maybe I am connecting the dots wrong here. I am just confused.
  10. Servers and entities don't "pay" to be an official sponsor. It's free for them. Only a couple have volunteered funding. ;)
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  11. We really need to get this out into the minecraft world, I can't believe you guys only have $344.
  12. they have had much less than that.. earlier this week even. It was only at 6%..

Ah, so its like a "publicity sponsor" kind of thing. I see... well then. That clears that up. You should start punching some of those guys for some money anyways. Like "yo... give me da dough or ill hit ya wit dis bat" or something along those lines.. these are gamers.. I am sure you can scare them quickly :p.
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  13. So are bukkit plugins gonna feature in this?
  14. Ha, yeah. The goal was originally set to cover costs for MineCon, but that goal is down to our production and setup costs now, although we would still love to cover MineCon, of course.

And yes, it is something of a publicity sponsor, except that everyone has been very supportive, and I need not even ask; support has been volunteered. And EMC was one of those few servers who have volunteered funding, too. :) And so it and your community holds a special place to me and our efforts.

EDIT: Yes, the DragonTravel article, for instance, is a Bukkit plugin.
  15. well I bought a copy before the introduced you guys here, not knowing it was going to happen :p. But I love what you guys are doing. And honestly, anything EMC touches goes big... so dont worry. Just our active forum community alone could probably support you guys. And alot ears of minecraft hits these forums and go elsewhere. Now that you are apart of our community you can be assured that these guys will not let you down :p.
    louiskw likes this.
  16. I would love to sponsor but I have no money. I am making some Bukkit plug-ins so I may put those into the magazine.
  17. im gonna pre- order do i get printed copy?
    might get 2 ;)
  18. I'm confused. Do people get printed copies only by random or can we pay to get a printed copy? I think,that this is cool, but i prefer printed instead of digital.
    louiskw likes this.
  19. I just bought it ^^