EMC In Another 6 Years

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by azoundria, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Will have the same negative Nancy's hanging around complaining that they haven't got what they wanted and not really caring about the upgrades and benefits to everyone else.

And my child will be building better looking things then I ever could.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  2. If Minecraft will significantly shrink and there would be less and less servers around, EMC could use that as an advantage and attract more players - some that would come from dying servers and many more from new generations. It depends mainly on Aikar and somewhat on the community if EMC would be able to take advantage of such opportunity.

I guess that EMC will survive.
  3. Minecraft is not significantly shrinking right now. It isn't even losing a large portion of it's playerbase. This comment will likely be removed shortly, but Minecraft is not a "dying game". It's plenty successful. Microsoft wouldn't pay for something that had no future. EMC can't count on MCs success to justify/further increase their own.
  4. I believe that EMC had a future if it gets into MC education or something like that. EMC values are similar to those who educators want to teach, so there could be something, a "boom", to go into business (and get help from Mojang while doing so).

Otherwise, It will probably run a not supported version of MC because Mojang would have unsupported java edition...
  5. you're right. Microsoft wouldnt pay for something that had no future. thats why theyre shifting focus from the java and pushing things like win10 edition. therefore i think it is justifiable to corelate emcs success to mine crafts. i think its fair to say overall mine craft doesnt have the community it once had, most of the players who actually enjoy it have been pushed into the niche or theyve moved on and now the game is dominated by the little kids riding off the hype, whos more favorable platform is console. at least thats my observation from actually playing the game for the first time in more than a year
  6. My guess is that they don't really care about the game that much, because that's peanuts compared to the monopoly and the part of the big data cake they can get.

We're heading towards a world where most people won't have opportunity to (directly) pay for the software and services they are using.
  7. Dragon tombs still won't be out.
    Lockdown32 and EmpireMall like this.