EMC Economic Forum

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by M4ster_M1ner, Jul 9, 2017.

1. I fully agree with your points.
  2. The price should be both a very good selling price for expert diamond miners and at the same time very god buy price for experts of other trades.

In that diamond example - for an expert in getting diamonds, e.g. 115r per piece should be a very good selling price, while for an expert in farming wood, 120r per diamond should be a very good price after trading in e.g. half stack of logs. The shop should be happy with the margin it gets for providing the service. That's simplified, because it does not take into account other market forces, but it is the fundament of exchange.

I hope that one of the products of EMC Economic Forum will be a really nice and easily readable intro for new members that will, among other basic things, explain them that the easiest way to move forward is to specialize in only few activities and trade produced stuff.

As newcomer learn new skills, they both change their occupations and advance towards more difficult activities with higher reward per invested time as well as try to further develop and optimize what they do.

PS: Please submit ideas / topics which you would like the EEF to work on to the thread => [EEF] Topics of Interest - Brainstorming
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  3. I found this kind of interesting. It explains a lot though some what limited due to the number of people as well as it only includes those active on the forums. It seems I did have about 20-25 people vote which isn't a horrible sample. But even among those on the forums (generally meaning more active/likely more rupees) the biggest number is people will search (large number notes cross smps) to find the best pricing. This is over malls which buy and have finished goods which I found odd.

When you think of empire stores, you shop based on
    I do not use shops or malls often
    20.0%
    I use shops/malls quite a bit to buy or sell
    36.0%
    I will quite often go to many smps to find what I want
    40.0%
    I return to stores with constant stock on items carried
    28.0%
    Spend time looking for best price
    60.0%
    I only like to shop at stores that also buy
    16.0%
    I only go to mega malls where most products are available.
    24.0%
    I prefer smaller shops with specific selections.
    24.0%
    Only shops that provide crafted products for sale so I don't have to craft
    8.0%
    Store or malls on my same smp mostly
    24.0%
    BlitzAttack likes this.
  4. The main reason people would use a mega mall instead of searching around is to save time. People who want to save time are less likely to spend it browsing the forums answering polls.

Another common user of mega malls are new players who don't have the experience or understanding to get around to all those different shops. Again, this group is less likely to fill out a survey on the forums. Most of the people who use the forums are experienced players.

So, you have a pretty standard sampling bias here.
    BlitzAttack and mjnoe70 like this.
  5. I do agree, and I have made similar comments to this before in this very thread. One thing I find so interesting is that I did not expect the answer to fall that way because the longer players (one more commonly found in threads) would have more money, more pre-selected favorite shops but the main answer was still "find lowest price" which considering the profile of the people who would have responded I think that in interesting. I would still expect those who "save time" yet are more active may spend some times on the forums but it still may not include many from that grouping.
    BlitzAttack likes this.