EMC Auction Rules & FAQs

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by GameKribJEREMY, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omg I love this rule. *glares over at "That guy"*

not saying any names ;p
    margaritte likes this.
  2. I have an auction going on almost 24 hours with no bids, and I am wondering... Is it okay to close an auction that has no bids (or replies, in my case) after 24 hours has passed since its original opening? This is kind-of in the grey zone, since point #2 says not to close early and sell to a bidder, but what if there's no bidders at all?

I'm just asking for a little bit of clarity, because I don't want to end up blacklisted from this section. Thanks in advance for a response.
  3. I was wondering, is there a rule about how much time the winner has to pay for the item after the auction is over? I looked, but could find nothing on this in the rules. It seems to me that if a rule isnt in place about how much time you have to pay for your item after the end of the auction, then people might start placing bids that they cant afford when they place them, and simply plan to pay once they collect enough rupees to pay for their item.

Also, it doesnt seem fair that a person auctioning an item should have to wait 4-5 days for the winner to round up the rupees (or because they havent logged on in 4-5 days), when there very well may have been other bidders that could have paid on the spot. This of course goes both ways, the winner shouldnt have to wait 4-5 days to get the item once he has paid for it, when he could have possibley bid on another item and gotten it sooner.

If we had a rule in place stating something along the lines of "Auction winners have X hours/days to pick up their items before the transaction is voided and the bidder faces possible black listing. Auction holder must provide the auction item within X hours/days after recieving payment or they too face possible black listing" I think that would fair for all parties.
    hayleycolgan and margaritte like this.
  4. Agreed. I'll think about how I want to write this up and add it later.
    Call_Me_DeJaja likes this.
  5. I think that's fine. If nobody has bid yet, you're not really screwing anyone out of an items at that point. That rule is more in place for people who 'changed their mind' and don't want to sell it anymore due to not being happy with the bid prices.
  6. Isn't "Bumping" considered rude? Why is it allowed with auctions?
  7. I have the same question, there should be a rule against this
  8. making that a rule seems to only be an advantage to the buyer and somewhat unfair for those of us that go through all the work to make enchanted items to auction. Obviously the buyer would prefer that the auction remain unnoticed by other potential bidders so they may possibly get the items for what can sometimes be severe discounts, but thats not the nature of auctions. Auctions don't have participation limits. The auction threads can quickly get buried by other post's and keeping the auctions visable to potiental bidders is left to the auction holder since the forums don't seperate active auctions from finished auctions.

In my opinion, it is fair to allow auction holders to advertise the auction to attract attention to it while it is still active... in moderation, not spamming.
    Keep in mind, I've bid in just as many auctions as I have held, so it's not like I am only stating my opinion as a auction holder.

EDIT: I do, however, feel that it would be a good option to allow the auction holder to lock or close their auction thread once it has finished to clear the forums of finished auctions so ppl know the threads they see in the auction section are live. Im not sure, but are MODs periodically going through and doing this to finished auction threads already? and does that remove the threads from the section.... by deletion or archiving them? If so, would it be more effecient to allow auction holders to do this themselves after the auction is completed?
  9. I completely understand where you are coming from, but you can advertise your auction in game right? If you post an auction and nobody seems to be interested then so be it, or if there are a couple bids on it that's the way it goes in my opinion, hence the reason you state a starting price, that way you get at least what you want for it. In my opinion, there are WAY too many members on this site to be bumping your post, because if you're worried about yours going un noticed, what about the others I'll miss because you're "bumping" yours? That is my point, I've noticed it a lot lately, and frankly I don't want to see the same post every time I log on due to "bumping".
    Call_Me_DeJaja likes this.
  10. all very valid and well articulated points. however, i dont think either one of us is entirely wrong or entirely right... lol. In the end, i defer to the MODs do decide what is fair. But I appreciate your point of view. :)
    nightmare32808 likes this.
  11. I appreciate yours as well. I just remembered reading in the guidelines that "bumping" is considered rude and not allowed and I was wondering if this applied to auctions as well is all, I've had some very rude remarks made when I quoted the guidelines and don't appreciate it and figured it should be addressed. :)
  12. Due to come confusion on what can/can't be auctioned, I have edited rule #1 to ONLY allow the items mentioned in the rule. This includes the ending of spawner/coordinate auctions. I will make a more official announcement about this in the next day or two. Any auctions started before the edited post on 4/30/12 @ 3:32AM Central Time are allowed to finish.
  13. I can let you know, Leo, the decision had nothing to do with you and how you were running things. When I make the announcement, I'll be clear of the reasons why we had to make this decision. Also, we do have a bit of a compromise that will be in mob grinder builders' favor.
  14. Good, this will avoid the "what did leo do to mess it up for us" questio. I guess my newly created fad has come to a quick halt lol.

Did make some good money tho ;p
    Zabriel likes this.
  15. can we still -sell- grinders? at a set price?
  16. I'm sure Jeremy will discuss this in his announcement.
  17. ...Are Dragon Eggs even available in EMC..? I was wanting to see if I could get one to place in my store in Utopia but I heard from one of the mods that the dragon and the egg are disabled in EMC.. t-t
  18. There are a few dragon eggs on EMC. I believe SMP1-SMP4 and Utopia had enderdragons.
  19. What about end portals? Thats rare right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.