EMC Admin Team, Your Next! XD

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Porphos, Aug 29, 2014.

?

Should the Admin Team do this?

Yes 48 vote(s) 88.9%
No 6 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. This video will be fun to watch !!
    CaziCookie likes this.
  2. My dream is coming true! Mwahaha! *cough *cough
    CaziCookie likes this.
  3. Thank you. If you didn't, I would have.

Also, casting a 'nay' vote - raising awareness is a good thing and donating to the cause moreso, but I don't think it's necessary to add another entry on the pile of "stupid things humans do for attention."
    607 and porphos like this.
  4. Well why defy human nature when we seek the respect of our peers? Some people aren't good at jokes or things so they do things like this to improve their image a bit, for instance, I got a bucket from the front of a JCB dumped on me :) :p
    CaziCookie likes this.
  5. ALS shuts down your entire body.
    If you have cold water (I.E. 40 degrees Farenheit) and a ton of ice (a bag from the store) then you/someone dumps it on your head... you just got the feeling of ALS. (AH omg HALP omg that was intense.)
    CaziCookie likes this.
  6. When can somebody nominate me ;-;
    CaziCookie likes this.
  7. Yeah, let's waste water for a good cause...
  8. "waste" aka "rain for farmers"
    CaziCookie, porphos and tedrocker like this.
  9. *Says: EVAPORATION! in a snarky tone.
    CaziCookie and princebee like this.
  10. Use your own rainwater for the bucket then.
    CaziCookie likes this.
  11. You probably have wasted water yourself.
    Go to the bathroom in the shower if you're that conservative.
    Or don't take a shower unless you absolutely need to.
    Maybe shower yourself in the rain or collect rainwater and shower yourself with that.
    #UseTheseTipsBecomeAHipster
    CaziCookie likes this.
  12. Yeah sure. Taking a shower to get clean is much different than taking a shower "for charity" though. I think most people just do it for the attention and because it's fun.
    CaziCookie likes this.
  13. I would argue but this is not productive.
    So there. You win. End of arguement.
    CaziCookie and 607 like this.
  14. I was gonna just let this go, but I feel it bears some explaining:
    Doing something stupid for attention is not going to make me respect you.

Now with that being said, there are a lot of perfectly reasonable ways people raise awareness to help combat various disease and ailments, which I do support. I have zero issue with things like the March of Dimes, or those pink breast-cancer ribbons. I'm also glad ALS is getting some extra attention, ergo I can't deny this 'ice bucket challenge' has done some good.
    My only beef is, it falls into the same realm as planking, or the Harlem Shake - somebody did something dumb on camera, it went viral, now everyone's doing it. But as a rule, I hate social media with a passion, so I'm sure that colors some of my opinion as well.
    CaziCookie, 607 and Dwight5273 like this.
  15. The Tiger-Blood infused Human got it right
  16. Hey, I nominated 4 EMCers. >.>
    CaziCookie and porphos like this.
  17. I'm not secretly Charlie Sheen, I swear.
    CaziCookie and Deadmaster98 like this.
  18. I was saying Charlie Sheen was doing right but your comment is spot on. Yes raising awarness but how many donators are actually donating then saying " I did the Ice Bucket Challenge and donated $10 bucks to ALS foundation."
    CaziCookie likes this.
  19. I know, I caught that. It was mostly a play on the "tiger blood" thing, 'cause... *points at avatar* :confused:
    CaziCookie and Dwight5273 like this.
  20. Did you really need to do that.
    CaziCookie likes this.