Economy Broadcast

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Xatez, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Basically I'm fed up, of switching between servers to advertise something. I would love to see an Economy Broadcast which you our allowed to use every three hours (command could be /ebroadcast) and it will advertise whatever your promoting to each server, this would save me so much time and hassle!

Thanks for your time.

A
  2. -1 From me. There is already people that don't follow the 3 hours wait, now all smps will get bombarded with every broadcast. Would be fine if we can permanently turn off e chat, but until then -1 from me.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. It can only be used every three hours, like it will say "Sorry , you have to wait "x hours" "
  4. I don't like this sort of advertising, but I would like to see a Global Town Chat which would probably include Economy chat. We see server hopping to advertise often anyway which can be muted so I think something like Global Chat would only be seen as an improvement any way you look at it.
    M4ster_M1ner, ShelLuser and Xatez like this.
  5. -1, sorry.

I can understand that it makes things easier to sell, but I fear it will also have a nasty side-effect, because this has a chance to directly affect the EMC economy. Better put: the SMP economy.

You see: prices vary drastically across servers, and that price difference is one of the things which either defines a server (somewhat) but also allows players to make some (easy) cash themselves (note: as long as this is done within reason, there is a very fine line between making some cash or scamming the shop owner, care should be taken!).

Not just that: this difference in price also sometimes allows players to compete on their own server. It wouldn't be the first time where a player struck a deal with a shop on another server and then started selling items for a completely different price than is custom there.

I fear that by "globalizing" the economy chat you're also affecting all those mini-economies.

The other reason, same as mentioned above: spam.

Sure, there might be a hard coded interval in the system to prevent you from overdoing it. But you have to keep in mind that such a system also means that there are dozens more players who will be able to use this. It may not be considered spam if 27 different players (= 3 players from each SMP) advertise individually, but I fear that it can easily be perceived as such.

Personally such a broadcast channel would be the first thing I'd turn off as soon as possible ;)
    Xatez and Pab10S like this.