[Dumb Suggestion] Change The Public Member Events Layout

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by The_D1rt_Lord, Sep 27, 2017.

?

Change The Forum For Public Member Events

Poll closed Oct 11, 2017.
I thinks it great as it is! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
ehh..I think its fine 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ya definitly needs improvement. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. The auctions forum page is great it keeps everything that has recent activity relevant but I don't find it really works fro the public member events page. https://empireminecraft.com/forums/public-member-events.54/

I find the main issues are

-There are a few different types of events (forum giveaways and in game events mainly)

-The threads are made drastically different amounts of time in advance.(some threads are made 4 days in advance and some 4 months in advance)

-With so many events you forget which ones are coming up in the next few days

Also I would like to say that I realize there is an events tab but that doesn't have all the events plus some of the events are not in game.

Back to the point when it comes to me I end up reading an event 2,3 times forget if i posted "congrats" or whatever I wanted to write, then some events I don't even notice and 90% of them I end up missing.

I can't think of too many solutions but maybe an automated system to send you an alert the day before the event.
    607 likes this.
  2. im not really sure what your suggestion is
    607 likes this.
  3. well ya i dont have one its just me complaining hoping someone else has a good idea
    TomvanWijnen, FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  4. Hahaha, I love this!

But yeah, I see what you mean. :)
    No suggestions on my part for now, it's getting a bit late here, for what I'm used to. ;)
    The_D1rt_Lord and FadedMartian like this.
  5. I think instead of it bumping the recently posted on threads to the top of the section. That is rather be determined by a calendar system. Were the events that are nearest are at the top and go down to the the furthest away.
    All the while the ones that have already taken place get archived.
    The_D1rt_Lord and FadedMartian like this.
  6. I don't think past events should be archived. You never know what an attendant or the host might want to post there still. :) Moved to a different section? Could be done. But no real archiving, as in preventing further changes.
  7. Something you might not know yet that could help: if you've posted in a thread, a tiny version of your profile picture will be shown next to the original poster's profile picture when you see it in the recent threads list (or events forum, or watched threads). So if this:

is there, it shows that I've posted in that thread, and if it's not there, I have not yet posted there.

Hope this helps a bit. :)
    607 likes this.
  8. Complaining about something without having an actual suggestion for it isn't helpful...

That being said, I think what you are wanting is some way to differentiate what events are coming up and what has already past? In that case, the best thing to use is simply the Advanced Search feature. You can select to order things by most recent, AND you can select to omit anything that is older than a set date that you choose. The only caveat is that you need some word to use in the search box, but you can also use that to your advantage to find only contests, etc. Using 'event' is also a pretty good choice.

If you want to search for active threads, the default setting is the best because it orders things based on most recent post in the entire thread, nor just when it was created.
  9. Good Idea. Also is that how you are to use "snip"? Thats my first time doing it
    AncientTower likes this.
  10. But... but... when you posted that, you hadn't yet posted in the thread. :eek: Did you have to edit your post, did you edit the source, or... huh? :p

Sure.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  11. Correct, when I posted I said something along the lines of "hang on a sec for the picture" in the place of the picture, and quickly pasted it in after posting the post. :)
    607 likes this.