Does sorgina's gem affect normal drops or not?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fred_TWK, May 1, 2021.

1. What difficulty?
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  2. right, diff 10. editing the post, thanks
    ChumMiner likes this.
  3. same test, but with the gem in the head slot instead of the off-hand:

lots more diamonds, basically same amount of stars, fewer extra drops

ah, of course still no head :(
  4. sorry but i hope you don't mind asking... how do you kill the wither on dif 10 exactly? any tips?
  5. public kill area on smp7, trapped in bedrock
  6. Sweet! How do I get there?
  7. see instructions here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/shop-mall-directory.82580/#post-1556120

KatydidBuild likes this.
  8. Thanks for doing this thread. This confirms my suspicion that the gem does give you more of things, but not necessarily the things you really want ;) I have a 1.5% Gem and when killing wither skeletons I'm pretty sure the only thing it helps with is odd items like torches, steak, bread. I'll do a bit more research at diff 5 and see if I can pin this down better. Incidentally, if anyone knows the secret of how it is possible to kill the wither at the smp7 location on diff 10 and NOT have the thing teleport out and mess you and your world up, I'll reward you a significant amount of rupees for the information :D
  9. uh, there's no secret? you just spaw it in bedrock as in vanilla and it does not teleport anywhere (or, this was the case last time I did it)
    BlockHead_56 likes this.
  10. I can tell you that one test got more than torches and bread. However, I don't know that the test revealed anything else. I tested at a gunpowder farm for a bit. Head drops for creepers went way up using the gem on the right difficulty. That's about as much as I've got with definitive results.
    BlockHead_56 likes this.
  11. Based on very recent experience and several old threads, it absolutely does teleport on diff 9 & 10, and maybe on anything over 6? I found a great spot in the nether roof and successfully killed a wither there on diff 8. Tried on diff 10 and it teleported all the way down into the lava lake directly below the killing chamber. Was a huge pain, and very destructive.

Here is my thread about that: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/question-about-killing-withers.86596/
    607 and ChumMiner like this.
  12. YEAH THAT AREA YOU TOLD ME FRED ON DIF 10 DOESN'T TELEPORT
    BlockHead_56 likes this.
  13. That area is absolutely amazing. Just don't ever leave through the two gates without lowering your diff! If you forget, you might have a very unpleasant encounter with aggressive zpigs (you can imagine how I know this)!