Do you buy music in a physical form?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by WayneKramer, May 14, 2017.

?

Do you buy music in a physical form?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2017.
Yes, I buy music in a physical form (CD, vinyl, tape, etc) 10 vote(s) 26.3%
No, but I do buy mp3s or other digital forms of music 5 vote(s) 13.2%
No, but I do pay for a streaming service (Spotify, Google Play, Amazon Prime Music, etc) 12 vote(s) 31.6%
No, but I do use a free streaming service (Spotify, youtube, etc) 10 vote(s) 26.3%
No, I don't listen to music much 1 vote(s) 2.6%
  1. 100%. I do enjoy my fair share of Spotify and Pandora, but I also have quite a collection of CDs and vinyl. Though CDs have started getting pretty expensive so I've started purchasing blank CDs and making my own so I don't have to buy them :p
    607 likes this.
  2. I did burn a cd a bit ago, but I never actually used it other than for testing it. It just isn't often more convenient than the alternatives.
  3. Side question... those who primarily stream your music, do you ever run into issues with network data costs? do you limit your streaming to when you're on a wi-fi connection?
  4. I have purchased maybe 2-3 music cds in my life, and that was when I was really young, back before streaming and downloads were so widely available.

I actually owned a Zune (Microsoft's version of the iPod) when I was growing up, and used it for a long time. I purchased many songs through the Zune Marketplace when I used my Zune, but then I found YouTube, Pandora, and Spotify and their free services, and used them for a couple years. For the past 3 years though, I have been paying for Spotify's Premium service and I could never go back.

Spotify allows you to download playlists for offline playing, so my songs are always available without using/requiring data. I don't know about other services and what they offer though. Plus, some carriers like T-Mobile don't count streaming music against your data limit, and a lot of people have unlimited data plans, too. Perhaps in the past this was an issue, but not as much anymore.
    607 likes this.