dispensers

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Releias, Oct 24, 2017.

1. oki
    so
    I've been working for about 30 minutes trying to get a dispenser to be activated by a pressure plate to make it shoot off fireworks
    I've tried doing it the way that the youtube videos showed
    but nothings been working
    the wikis are useless in providing the information that I need
    how the freck do I make this work?
    I've seen multiple shops do this and I wanna give it a try
  2. Can you show/explain how you are setting it up currently?
    607 likes this.
  3. I basically looked up how tos on youtube
    imitated them
    got NOWHERE
    had a friend recommend that I put the dispenser right next to the pressure plate
    now it frecking works x.x
  4. When you're messing with redstone always make sure that the dust (the red lines) actually reach the dispenser. Redstone 'auto connects' and if that happens next to your dispenser then it won't be triggering it. Could have have been the cause of the whole thing?
  5. Remember redstone cannot be cut off you have to have a solid line of dust. you can use slabs to run a line however I have some simple examples below that will show you how to fire a single shot from stepping on the plate once or how to make a multi repetitive burst from standing on the plate. You can also add timers to slow down the speed.

Basic simple set up

Every setup can be done multiple ways. This is the very basics of powering a dispenser from a pressure plate. My suggestion is to play around in creative mode before you build in survival (EMC). It will save you alot of time and resources.

Here is how to set up multi pulses to the dispenser

This can be slowed down with the addition of repeaters. It can extend out slowing the pulse the more repeaters you add. There are also different redstone clocks that can be made to change it even more. Again this is just pure basics for you to test out.

Experiment in creative mode in a way that will work for your set up. Remember fireworks only shoot straight up regardless of the direction the dispenser is facing. It also needs a clear line to fire in. They will not shoot through carpet or transparent blocks
  6. no longer using the dust
    just the dispenser and the pressure plate
    right next to each other
  7. it works just fine without the redstone :)
  8. I agree, redstone makes no sense. Glad you made it through. :)

edit: oops didn't see this was a week old! Sorry for bump.
  9. lol its oki XD