[DISCUSSION] Auction Bumping

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jonions, Aug 21, 2012.

?

What do you think?

I see nothing wrong with auction bumping. Leave the system the way it is. 27 vote(s) 56.3%
I don't like auction bumping, but I have a better solution which I will reveal in the comments. 5 vote(s) 10.4%
I don't like auction bumping, and I think this is a good solution. 8 vote(s) 16.7%
I don't like auction bumping, and I like your solution, but the it should be discouraged, not banned 6 vote(s) 12.5%
I don't participate in auction stuff, so this really doesn't apply to me. 2 vote(s) 4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. how about this idea (idont know if its been said yet btw)
    You can post your thread and as usual it goes to the top, then any of YOUR posts just keep it in the same place,
    but instead there is a bump button with a counter on it, lets say 2 uses (that can change) and when clicked it bumps to the top, so you can use it when other time zones start coming on.
    now for other players posts, they still bump it, but i dont know how we could stop friends bumping posts :/
  2. Any "tech" solution would be great, but I don't know if the resources would be available to develop it.

A nice, easy answer is just to have a rule - that you can only post a bid. I don't think that would be very hard to enforce, because I think people would soon get used to it.

And that means there could be no "bumping" at all; so yes, they'd fall off the "most recent" list. But, I think people would get used to that too; at least it'd be fair for all of us.
  3. but what if you post at the wrong time and you get next to no bids?
  4. I might have an imput if I knew what a bump was.
  5. Hmm, I think I might just post here so I can follow this conversation.

EDIT: To Qwerty189: A bump is when someone posts to make there thread go to the top of the recent threads page, bumping it to the top.
  6. a bump is where you post in a thread to move it to the top of the auction list so it gets more noticed.
  7. You're fine. The fact that you're here shows you're interested in the topic and I believe you when you say you didn't understand why I might have a problem with what was going on. I could have explained better in the thread but didn't since I felt it would have been ironic/hypocritical once I no longer intended to bid.
    o0_Jetfire_0o likes this.
  8. haha lol dont worry about it its happend and hopefully been fixed,
    i think this problem can be sorted though, if we get mods to listen to us or support us then, they could either program the forums to support this or add a rule like herbrin said.
    Pab10S likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.