Diablo 2 and Blizzard.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Maxarias, Mar 27, 2013.

1. I recall seeing that meme somewhere...
  2. Seen that meme on facebook, I like that picture but can't seem to find it. It basically sums up all the game developers/companies/whatever you want to call them.
  3. I stopped liking blizzard when I realized that blizzard and snowblind were not the same thing. Thought they just changed names.

/me shrugs.
  4. Personally I believe this issue is with alot of new video games and video games companies have stopped caring for. As for the new games lets you the best example i can think of: Call of duty. Everyone loved COD when it first came ot with MW1, now we are 5 COD games ahead of us and the last two are terrible, the companies dont care anymore. Once they noticed they own a billion dollar franchise on one video game they stopped caring. COD is not a laggy peice of garbage where players use stuff to hide off the map and sit in corners all day. Gaming companies are only in it for the money (the most of them), that is why I hardly play COD anymore, I got tired of the bs that the companies created, Im sorry this rant is kinda off topic but i HAD to rant about this.

~Stew
  5. Companies care... about money. They find a couple of franchises that sell well and release them every year until people get sick of them. All these modern companies contribute to the AAA syndrome that in turn contributes to the death of the video game industry.

The companies keep driving up the costs of making until the industry becomes so high risk that it doesn't pay off to take chances. The effects of this can already be seen with the death of mid-level publishers. How long can the big publishers last? It would be foolish to think that the current video game industry can sustain itself forever. Video games already crashed in the 80s, and it can happen again.

And the answers are not in this pay-to-win/microtransaction bs or making games more commercial. The figures show that taking a well-loved franchise (Dead Space, for example) and making it more commercial actually hurts sales.

The above reasons are why I don't buy from certain companies. That and they treat their employees like crap.

/rant over
    AmusedStew likes this.
  6. Have never played Diablo but played a bit of Starcraft and played WoW. Haven't played in a while due to this stuff. I haven't dealt with the Bukkit stuff but can tell you I refuse to post on Tekkit forums beacause of posts I have seen their staff make- Like banning someone for not getting back to them after so many hours. Also changing people's avatars to things like "I'm a butthurt wienie!"
    Maxarias likes this.
  7. I could go on and on a bought blizzard, but ill save you all the rant:p

If you hate D3 but like D2 or LOD try Path of Exile!! Its still in beta but is soooo much better than D3 & it is free to play!
  8. I think we may have just became odd internet frenz.
  9. Aikar always wonders why I'm scared to death to post on any other Forums, haha.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  10. I very rarely post on forums for anything. It took me a while to even post on EMC. I read things on forums and see so many trolls, jerks, staff that are just plain rude and hateful. For people who have stuff in common, gamers post some horrible things on game forums as well.

I like Tekkit, what little I have messed with it, but really if I have an issue I just google it. People don't believe me when I tell them about the things on their forums. And I have also told people here on EMC in their threads about Tekkit and other stuff to be warned and prepared if they post there. Just looking at the forum there these are some of the categories:

"Global Rules. READ THE RULES or Get Bent. Whichever."
    "Server Op Swap Shop [Share your dirty server secrets with other server owners, or aspiring newbies] Experience as a daycare owner helps."
    "Scribble Parlour [Post your texture packs] HEY CHECK OUT MY PAINTERLY RIP OFF I MADE IN PAINT"
    " Let's Play Pavillion [Post your youtube videos] I'm a nasally 12 year old with minecraft videos, please like and favourite! Everyone post your let's plays!"

My favorite: "Mod Makers Market [General mod making discussion and help] Tell me how to code the square boobs!"

I have looked through some of the threads and seen them rip into people for shortening words, not properly spelling in english etc.

So long story short, and not trying to rip Tekkit/Technic etc. But I'm just too afraid to deal with them and try to get support, thanks to their forums. lol.
    Maxarias and AlexChance like this.
  11. Let us celebrate with an abundance of captioned photographs of cats.
    jkjkjk182, Maxarias and HylianNinja like this.