Development Status Update - 4/12/14

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Apr 12, 2014.

1. lol It's awesome that you are as usual very on-to-it with what we need to do for future updates. With knocking out very cool upgrades to enhance our already very cool server. So I guess, though they are distractions, they are awesome distractions, and we know that you are pushing hard to get DT updates out. :)

Thanks.

When you say conversion process. Mojang are removing item ID's from the game, and replacing it with simple names for all items. EG. quartz_ore, sign, trapped_chest, etc?
    And will the 1.7.8 update hopefully allow us to keep all our existing shop signs etc, without anything breaking? Is that what the 1.7.8 update is for, to convert existing use of ID's in the game?

Also, i've been looking into some major mods I like to use, and they appear to be ready for the change in block identification. Though of course, they can't be fully tested until the update is released. (It was actually a pain in the rear, as I was unaware of the change to block ID system, and couldn't make things work lol).

On a side note. I see this as a major change for players (it sure was for me). So depending on how you deal with this Aikar, I will try to have a tutorial video out asap when EMC updates. To explain the change (if there isn't one already).
  2. I've always assumed that what they're preparing for is username changing in 1.8, not the Item ID's being switched around
    607 likes this.
  3. 1.7.8 out of way... Difficulty work resumes tonight!
  4. Should I send some extra redbull cans, along with some 5 hour energy? Thanks for working so hard aikar! :)