[Denied] Cell Phones in EMC!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by SaggsConfidant, Jan 25, 2015.

?

Would you want a Cell Phone in EMC?

Yes 4 vote(s) 9.5%
No 33 vote(s) 78.6%
Maybe 5 vote(s) 11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm just going to have to pull this up here. This is the code for a simple calculator that can do addition only:
    Code:
    import java.io.*;

public class Calculator {

public static void main(String[] args) {
            String s1 = getInput("Enter a numeric value: ");
            String s2 = getInput("Enter a numeric value: ");

double d1 = Double.parseDouble(s1);
            double d2 = Double.parseDouble(s2);
            double result = d1 + d2;

System.out.println("The answer is " + result);
        }

private static String getInput(String prompt) {
            BufferedReader stdin = new BufferedReader(
                    new InputStreamReader(System.in));

System.out.print(prompt);
            System.out.flush();

try {
                return stdin.readLine();
            } catch (Exception e) {
                return "Error: " + e.getMessage();
            }
        }

}
    It's not very complicated and it would only take some simple modifications to work for any mathematical symbol or function.

And regarding making a phone IRL. It's possible to make the shell of the phone for well under $50 (3D printers are great), and touchscreens can't cost that much otherwise smartphones would cost an awful lot more than they do (to be fair, they do mass produce them to recede the cost, but they do still sell them for more than it costs to produce).
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  2. I still do not see how a Cell phone is nessecary when you can easily download the calculator app (which most computers should have installed anyways) at no cost at all.
    Starzival likes this.
  3. I never said this would be necessary, I was just pointing something out.
    SoulPunisher and 607 like this.
  4. Problems (To add on to the already flooded content) :
    1 : What if the player does not have a mic? What if their computer does not allow access to the microphone? If they do not have one, the entire server could crash, PLUS that about 50-90% of gamers do not have one, and also I think that 25% of KIDS play EMC, and their parents do not want their voice on the internet, and it is nearly impossible to detect those naughty people who say inappropriate content, and this is going to kids, too.
    2 : As said, we already have /tell that works across servers and all kinds of chat. Not a helpful add-on.
    3 : You can use Google for free anytime, including things shops do not need.
    4 : Most (All non-supersucky computers) computers have a software that can hold text. You can also get a imgur account for free and post screenshots and stuff there, then post the links to EMC ingame.
    5 : What if you had 2 residences? Eh? Reclaiming residences? You did not think about the numbers.

Just -9001 (including myself) with my clones.
  5. What? My glorious clones? This thread? What is "Kewl"?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.