Dating On EMC? What gives?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bugmo1207, Jul 22, 2012.

1. I have no problem with starting or building a relationship, even if it is purely digital, or even if it is not. Though I have been asked on multiple occasions through /tell 'Hey, want to date?' This is soon followed up with, 'Are you a boy or a girl?'.

I met my wide online before meeting her in real life, so far be it for me to belittle anyone, but I really don't understand some of what I have seen.
  2. comes back from break for 5 secs to do this: (facepalm)
  3. I know he doesn't come around here as much so tell him I said I wish you two the best.
  4. Thanks Kylie :) I'll be sure to pass on the message!
  5. I guess I'm a couple days late to this conversation, but I wanted to comment that I met my wife in a Yahoo! chatroom. We've now been married for 8.5 years.
  6. I understand the whole thing with the kids asking others if they want to date/the silly family roleplay thing they do. I go on my secret hidden ninja alt all the time and get asked "r u a girl?" .. I normally respond with "My name is Inigo Montoya.. You killed my father, prepare to die." ...Okay, well not really but I now that I think about it, I should totally start saying that. :D:p
  7. You totally should :O
    Chascarrillo and migueldemesa like this.
  8. Wouldn't that give you away? :eek:
    migueldemesa likes this.
  9. Alright, now that you have put things into more perspective, I understand your point. It is ridiculous for players to do the whole:
    "Hey, wanna date?"
    "Are you boy or girl?"
    "I love you."
    That does not mean that they don't know that it isn't real. The pure fantasy is enough for most people who participate in such things but I do agree EMC is not the place for finding fantasy dates.. This is not an online fantasy dating site.
    You can't stop people from doing such things but EMC does not endorse these activities.
  10. But you need to grow a big mustache and '80s hair first.
    Chascarrillo, Maxarias and Torian42 like this.