Dating On EMC? What gives?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bugmo1207, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Lets not get onto the topic of puberty ae?
    shaunwhite1982, Nole972 and mba2012 like this.
  2. It happens.
  3. *12 Year old mode*

Wat dat?
    Nole972 and _Stads_ like this.
  4. im sorry but your an idiot.. stop trolling.. You, me, and everyone else knows this topic had NOTHING to do with them.. they know each other in real life.. not just over the computer..
    topdawg657 likes this.
  5. Yeah, they actually have lives and EMC is just another place where they hangout.
    battmeghs likes this.
  6. Im not an idiot nor am i trolling this thread they met on emc. It is true and that is how they started dating and then now are getting married.
  7. dont get involved LOL.
    8 year olds trying to pick up other 8 year olds... or maybe 30 year olds trying to pick up 8 year olds...
    this got really awkward to me really fast.
    gnyctk, josh303011, LZBZ_DW and 3 others like this.
  8. You know, I checked your profile when you were asking for donations earlier in Supporter chat. It says you're 21 years old. I figured someone that age would know better than to do what you were doing.

People meet online all the time and it's become more and more so as people spend more of their leisure time online. The creepy part comes when people start lying...
  9. apparently on emc too.
  10. I started puberty at 12
  11. They do O.O don't know how you guys know this stuff... :p
    Are they like, going out or what? :3
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  12. i would assume taht they are going out mr. grey text.
    also is this really neccessary? i mean really dating on emc is kinda like trying to get money from a creeper. its just like WTF are you trying to accomplish?
    Jeanzl2000 likes this.
  13. Keep trying...
  14. Jemmy ju... Ask here she would know!
  15. kevdudeman and josh303011 like this.
  16. lol EMC dating is weird I don'tunderstand why people do it... One of my freinds in real life fell for this but he didn't even want to date the person they just aksed and he though whatever and said yes! Long story short he removed her flags and it's over :D

This is what I assume most dates start as on EMC; 1 player trying to be comical and asking another player out, the second player thinks 'What Ever' and says yes. One or both parties decide they get bored with the shenanigan and end it... Odly!

Honestly I don't believe online dating is always necessary although in some cases it is:

For those of you who have been deprived of watching this show, basically Sheldon's friends register him on an online dating site and it finds a match! This is what happens on their first encounter. I was trying to find a video featuring Sheldon's explanation of why online match making sites are all lies but sadly I couldn't :( I guess you'll just have to buy season 3 and watch all the episodes :D
  17. There are many levels to this issue, some of which are acceptable and some of which aren't.

There's a commonly established taboo about forming relationships via the Internet, which in part is justified based on anonymity and false identity, but in most cases is no different than meeting someone in person. If two honest people start conversing and find they have somewhat of a connection, nobody has the right to say that their bond is wrong.

However, it starts to border on condemnation when it involves younger people who might not know any better. They might get on well enough, but their youth is easily influenced by a bombardment of media, the implications of which do not phase them. My concern about scenarios like this is that their perspective of relationships in the real world might get distorted and it will make it harder for them growing up.

Over the last fifteen years or so I've watched as the average age for relationships has plummeted. Children barely out of primary school think it's a social mandate that they find someone to be with. As a result, the concept of a true relationship has lost all meaning and the idea of being with someone purely within a game is as real to this generation as it was for our grandparents sixty years ago.

I can only hope that the youth of today has the mental and emotional capacity to understand what life is all about.
    MR2R2M, roblikescake, pat2011 and 4 others like this.
  18. Let people do what they wish, people will learn the hard way..
    10101Link10101 likes this.