Cyberazaz101's Illustrated History on EMC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Cyberazaz101, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Hello everyone,

Today, March 07, 2021 marks the 9 year anniversary of my first joining on EMC. I thought what better way of celebrating than to write out all my history on EMC here. Of course I can't remember all of 9 years, so forgive me if I skip a step or forget some details. Pictures will be included if I can find them. Now then, let's start this history lesson!

March 07, 2012. SMP6. Cyberazaz101 logs in for the first time after getting the IP from one of his best friends. I see the following sight lay out before me...

After struggling after many dead ends and wrong answers. I get teleported back to the Town spawn of SMP6. I was greeted by a mass of people throwing me items such as diamonds, cakes, and gold ingots. I then teleported to my friend's residence and then claimed the one next to his as my own. Sadly, I do not recall this residence's number nor location.

Much time has now passed, I have opened and closed many shops. But the era of EMC Mega Malls has just started. M4ster_M1ner (then known as M4nic_M1ner) had opened his shop, Silken was working on the beginnings of 13131, and finch_rocks_1 was hard at work building their towers and museums (that never got finished even then :p)

It was time I attempted to open my own first Mega Mall. I claimed residence 12457 and got to work. While it wasn't pretty, it did make some pretty decent money at the time.

However, after time I needed to renovate the shop to something larger to keep up with the now growing grandeur of the competition. So I tore it all down and begun construction of version 2 of the 12457 Shop!

During the construction of this shop came one of my favorite events to look back on. Correct me if I'm wrong EMC veterans, but I believe this was the first mob arena and afterwards Aikar held the infamous "Economy Destroying Drop Party." On March 2, 2013, I attended this event and got one of and redeemed the first vault vouchers to expand the newly revamped vault system!

*also note the green chickeneer and diamond JackBiggin :p*
  2. After much time, it came again for me to build a new mega mall. The style of what was popular changed to the last style Mega Malls would have. That sleek open design, quartz pillars, etc. I kept 12457 for a bit longer, but moved operations to the new shop located at 12100. This shop never really got off the ground as at the time, I was focusing more on my outpost.

*here we see AnonReturns, then still on the old account of anonymouz710*

I continued to work on said outpost, CyberEmpire, for the better part of 5 years. Even Aikar came out and visited! He didn't know he wasn't in vanish so I saw him teleport to me haha. I am lucky enough to have never had it griefed. I actually found out about a year ago that someone did finally find it after 8 years and attempted to grief the place! We have long since moved all the precious items, promos, and such to my newer outpost. We did lose some boss items and such, but nothing that bad in hindsight.

I did also join the YouTuber team when that was a thing on June 29, 2015. I "specialized" in animations and was gonna be the one showing off the custom mobs and such! I don't know how I even got the position being a young teenager with hardly any skills using Minimator. Unfortunately, I have since deleted the channel these videos were on and I have long since erased those files. All I could find was this single screenshot from my scrapped Marlix Video.

3. There was many events that I remember to this day, the first FireFloor hosted by ICC, CreatureCapture also hosted by ICC, the 2016 new years party at Utopia. The only time to my knowledge that night fell on Utopia. I am still in the process of locating some of those old screenshots but here's some screenshots from events of prior years!

Taken during Krysyy's "Red Dragon Party"

2013 Halloween event "Zombie Virus" event shown in the /p

Krysyy standing at the EMC Games

Yeah, I don't know this one...

Giga-slime attack on Utopia Town

Night falls on Utopia Town, Jan 01, 2016.

Rhy was too smart and fast, we banned him from trivia night.

I left CyberEmpire to help 29672057602 (then known as Theomglover) and Brooke1965 on their outpost. I went over to there and we took 296's name and established, "Esterwynne." This outpost would be (and still is) my home. Unfortunately, 296 and Brooke aren't near as active as they used to be so I was the lone caretaker for many years. However, they do pop in from time to time. But I am the lone contributor to the outpost which has since grown into a great place!

4. Eventually Esterwynne just grew larger and larger to the point where I am extremely proud of it. I am currently in the process of building the next outpost! But that's in the next paragraph ;)

5. This brings me to the last few months. Leading up to this, I have been hard at work along with several helpers: BlueShinobiXIII, sonicol, AnonReturns, KatyDidBuild, wafflecoffee( she pops in every now and again ;)), and naMrorriM on my new outpost, Azarinth. I am eternally grateful to Blue in particular for his help, donations, and hard work!

On top of all that, with me recently finally getting accepted into Build Team here on EMC, I can build for the community that has been there for me for so many years! :D

*I will update this post every year with more pictures and updates if so needed, but next year is gonna be the big 10 so look forward to that!*

I wanna thank you all for a great 9 years on EMC and I hope to continue playing for many years to come!

- Your local EMC Boomer
    Cyberazaz101
  6. Of all of the event screenshots, this is the only one I remember :p
    Ooh look I even got a mention at the bottom :eek: :p

I really enjoyed looking through this and would encourage our other elder players on EMC to do this if they want to! I'm always someone who really enjoys looking through EMC history and stuff. It always makes me wish I was there for more of it than I have... only thing to do now is to look to the future, though ;)
  7. I know for a fact that screenshots I have exist from the first FF and the creature capture. They were just on an old family computer long destroyed half a decade ago. Those files were moved to somewhere. Currently looking for them. Will post them in the update if I find them ;)
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  8. ah this was a very enjoyable read! you're an amazing builder. Keep it up!
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.
  9. I'm gonna have to go looking through my old screenshots! This was a really cool post. Also I am definitely stealing the color palette from your new base the sandstone + purple is amazing.
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.
  10. Great thread, I always love to read the old history of emc..
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.