Custon Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShrinkingMatt, Jun 13, 2015.

?

How much would you like to spend on a gaming PC?

£400 - £500 3 vote(s) 10.7%
£500 - £600 0 vote(s) 0.0%
£600 - £700 2 vote(s) 7.1%
£700 - £800 2 vote(s) 7.1%
£800 - £900 2 vote(s) 7.1%
£1000+ 19 vote(s) 67.9%
  1. Why not get a asus rog gpu and mb ?
  2. Those would be great! But I noticed it's not needed with the S340, as it can only fit 4 fans. It comes with 2, and the radiator comes also with 2, so everything is already filled. If you've bought the system, and thinn it's too loud, you could buy two 120mm ones of those Cougars, and run push-pull on the radiator, with the Cougars pushing and the stock ones pulling.

Link?

The problem is that they will then push a lot less air.
    the_creeper_lord likes this.
  3. It's more expensive and not really needed.
  4. If someone hadn't mentioned it yet, you should use pcpartpicker.com to select your parts. It will automatically give you an approximate cost, wattage, etc. It will also tell you possible compatibility issues between your parts. Also, Intel CUPs all the way.

Sorry for the typing mistakes, I'm using my phone's slide text.
  5. Because I totally didn't already do that for him ...
  6. Would you recommend a speed control for the fans?
  7. Yes, they will probably be too loud without one. But most motherboards have speed control integrated into the fan headers, so you can slow them down a bit that way. I don't think you need to buy one now, but if you can't change them using the motherboard, it would not be a bad idea.
  8. Ok, so here is my current build. It lasted me for two years now, and I do not think that she will give up on me any time soon.

And plus, I put this much into it, because I knew that it would last.
  9. Sorry but how is this relevant?

Also, ASUS boards come with fan control. You just need to install AiSuite 3.
    the_creeper_lord and nfell2009 like this.
  10. I did say, "sorry if someone else already suggested this," at first :p
  11. That is a really nice aet up and I'd love something like that once I move out but as a 16 year old student living in the smaller room, with a budget of around £800 I don't think I could aim for this quite just yet :p
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  12. Just get what you need, remember that you can always upgrade things along the line :) I'm using a 500GB hard drive, it's been over a year since I built my PC and I've only used about half, and there's probably stuff that I can delete anyway so aye. If you're going for the long run then maybe go 1 or 2 TB. As for processor, I'd always recommend Intel, I've always used Intel and it's never let me down... As for graphics cards, I have a Radeon one from a few years ago, but I'd probably still reccomend going GeForce if you can. As I said though - just get what you can go for and what will run what you want to run, and then you can upgrade as you go along :) Next on my personal list... Probably GeForce.
  13. Yeah I guess, well if I manage to apply for a job in the summer I can always expant my budget or as you stated, upgrade my PC along the way. Also ;P I'd recommend a Nvidia GeForce GTX960/970 :p Unless you have a big wallet, in that case you could just shoot straight for a 980.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. I'm not looking into buying the card yet, just when I need to really... Not doing anything too strenuous on my own PC at the minute so the Radeon one is fairing just fine but eventually I think I'll go to GeForce :D
  15. The Gtx 960 is a very nice Graphics card, and is on offer on amazon right now (had to check). I have a Zotac overclocked GTX760 and it runs amazingly so the 960 should be great. I would also highly recommend Intel processors for reasons that have been explained previously in the thread. I have 16GB of ram and have had no problems, though that is next on my list to upgrade.

In general, put most of your money into the processor and graphics card. The rest is fairly cheap and easy to upgrade. If you're unsure on what to choose between graphics cards/processors, google a comparison and there are loads of sites that offer a breakdown on the pros and cons on each component.

Oh on a side note, Nvidia graphics cards come with the software 'experience' I believe that notifies you when there is an update for drivers and so on, not sure whether others do this as it is from personal experience.
    FDNY21 and the_creeper_lord like this.
  16. The 970 is better, and a little more futureproof because of the 4GB of VRAM, so I'd suggest that.
    16GB of RAM is great, but not really needed yet for gaming, 8GB is fine for now. You can always add more later, if you find yourself filling all of it up often.
  17. So, what are you going to end up doing?
  18. You mean 3.5GB of VRAM haha
    TomvanWijnen and jkjkjk182 like this.