Council of Players

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Historian101, Dec 2, 2011.

?

Do you want a Council of Players

Yes 9 vote(s) 52.9%
No 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Maybe 6 vote(s) 35.3%
  1. oidking volunteered, i asked if we could add onto his castle
  2. Hey guys just a reminder, you can edit your previous post if you forget something, no need to post twice.
  3. he said we can add onto his castle

so we have a base now!

we just need the leader.....

and a team of helpers in the council
  4. well i need a slot to get on so i can help so i might be a while, by the way i'm staying up all night or until i pass out so that is a factor
  5. so which should we do, your plot (i hope it is empty or near empty) or oidking's castle

oidking's castle is on the utopia server, so you could just log on for the meeting. he might give you build perms so you can help me build the meeting room

we could just make a thread for the council and post suggestions on there. the vice-president and president will decide what to send to Justin and Jeremy
  6. well, the castle might look like a king instead of the players ruled it, while my plot might look like a place where opinions and ideas are born and grow. sorry if i sound lame
  7. sure, try and get on so you can give me build perms, then show me where to build. we can build it. i have to get off soon, so we would have to try and get it done tonight (it cant just be a big box as the base, something with like a dome roof)

try and get my build perms tonight, i will be on tomorrow. i have to get off right now, sorry
  8. i need a slot on smp2, so i' watch the amount like a hawk, if we can't get started tonight i'l do what i can and you can join me tomorrow
  9. Hey, t shack, i might still be trying to find a slot in the morning just a heads up
  10. you could run into a problem tho. There are going to be people who do not feel like they are properly represented. Because you are asking for a faction based seperation system it leaves a lot of room for error.

So you have only really touched two groups:

Shop Owners
    Builders

However, I wouldn't place myself in either of those two groups even though i do both of those things. I would classify myself as an adventurer. I spend little time at home, and most of my time in the wild finding new places that havent been ravished by the community.

and the interests of the groups will vary wildly. Some things that may seem bad to a builder, may be one of the greatest things about being an adventurer.

Things that would irk me might not negatively effect the shop owners.

I believe a "Council of Players" is a beautiful idea of representation, but the seams need to be ironed.

I think a group of 5 active (lot owners) of each server should be elected. (<--- a key point that would be hard to handle in this type of community) they should hear the people's comments of each server, and then they as a group approach the next level (mods and admins) with the more important subjects. The mods and admins already put alot of time in game. So to expect them to stop everything they are doing for a 30 min meeting every week may not be a great use of their time.

Its a great concept... but in need of tweaking.

I personally believe that the council should look like this

(2) diamond
    (1) Gold
    (1) Iron
    (1) Member

Diamond supporters put more of their actual money into the development of this server, so i personally believe that they percentage wise the need more representation into to the say of any drastic changes. I mean you would not want to commit 20 dollars a month to something you like, only to return one day to find every thing you liked changed because a large group of free to play, or lower supporters snuffed you out of the picture.

Sorry for the length. But i do feel this idea needs to get noticed and agreed by the community on what should attempted before outright asking for one.
  11. while i do kinda agree with what you guys are tryin to set up i don't think you should try to bother justin or jeremy personaly about this

by all means you can make your counsel but rather then take the issues directly to them they should be posted in the forums for all to see
  12. Okay we'll get to the factions when we cross that bridge, and we will try to comprimise for the groups to all get something they want
  13. I'l put up factions soon
  14. Ok, I am the Vice-President. We now need a President, i Believe it should be a Modertor. Then we need some supporters, for access to the Supporter forums. lets say:

President- Moderator
    Vice President- Already Picked (Me)
    4-6 other members (hopefully Gold or diamond supporters)

We have the council formed, we just need people to join it.
  15. i visited your res Historian101, i like what you have built so far.

I think we should make the meeting room a bit bigger and add some chairs.

if you can get online, give me some perms and we can finish the building!

:)))))
  16. im going to make a thread for people in the Council

The Thread (that is only for members of the council) is called "The Minecraft Council"
  17. Thanks and i passed out so i couldn't finifh work
  18. Okay So how about this for factions, Miners, Business owners, Adventures, Lumberjacks, Builders, Warriors, Farmers and Mods
  19. I think a council of players would be great... when you think about it it would be like congress as Historian101 said beacuse think of it guys EmpireMinecraft is like a country. We have a huge community and a couple of influential players( maybe not exclusively supporters, also regular players) who can help Empire become even better with there own fourm for suggestions and stuff. Overall great idea Historian101
  20. We have made a council, we need the workers now. We do need farmers, lumberjacks, and everything else you said