[Contest] Rainbow Swirl 1st Contest

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by SteamingFire, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Rainbow Swirl at smp4 /v +rainbow
    hosted an interior design contest between residents
    and now needs YOU to judge the results!

Please go to smp4 /v +rainbow and judge the following rooms:
    Red 1: Fiery_Shirt_Fury
    Orange 3: FloshPlosh
    Orange 2: tamraaa & Obwangottemm
    Yellow 3: liamwill
    Yellow 2: Merek_Shadower
    Yellow 1: CrackpotCreator
    Light Blue 2: DrasLeona247 & GreninjaFroakie
    Light Blue 1: RGBisPower
    Blue 3: DiamondGamerGurl

Those are the residents who entered the contest! Sad that the others didn't enter >_>

This 1st contest had no theme. As all residents were fairly new, I wanted to give them the freedom to build anything that they wanted--and build it to the best of their ability! So, you are judging for overall awesomeness. Which room is the most awesome?

Please use this Google Forms link to vote. You do not need a Google account to vote. One vote per person, please:
    The deadline to submit your vote is July 1st.

If you are confused as to which room you are standing in, type /res info. It will give you details of the subzone, including the room color and floor number, as well as who has +admin (the owners/residents of the room). To go quickly back to the room teleports, type "/v +rainbow tele".

Thank you all for voting! Happy exploring!
  2. Some residents used doors but did not turn on use:door, so I turned it on for the entire res.
  3. You see, citizens, the modern world has many problems. One of this is the disparity of wealth.

As the wealth gap increases, it is becoming evident that the lower classes of society are increasingly struggling to sustain themselves.

For too long, the focus has been on accumulating pointless material things.

Thus, my room has one thing in mind: peaceful serenity

Why surround yourself with worldly things when you could instead meditate on a smooth surface of concrete, bathed in natural light from the abundant convex windows?

Cast a vote for my room, and join me in rejecting the ways of gluttony and greed.
    Esrik, liamwill and SteamingFire like this.
  4. Hahaha Dras, no ;)

But there are three REALLY good ones...was very hard to pick a winner!
    liamwill and DrasLeona247 like this.
  5. Indeed, there are some very nice ones :)
    liamwill likes this.
  6. The funny thing is that Dras is actually winning right now.
    But there's a whole 'nother week left, so we'll see ~.^
    liamwill likes this.
  7. Dras's actual residence is my fav on all of EMC...Tough choices though here!!
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  8. Oh-ho-ho. Have you ever seen Big__Kev's builds?
  9. No, but I'm going to right now! I've been "touring" the SMP's for about 200 days, enjoying the awesome builds and looking for where I want to build. I've seen some positively amazing work, but I'm sure I've only seen the tip of the iceberg.
  10. Vote, vote, vote!
    tamraaa likes this.
  11. Last day to vote :)
  12. The winner is

Room Light Blue 2: DrasLeona247 & GreninjaFroakie!

Congrats!
    You two will receive your prizes later today. As you two share a room, you will share the 100k prize 50-50, each person getting 50k. You will also receive one book each which certifies your win.
    Congrats again!
    Edit: Prizes have been sent.
    DrasLeona247 and liamwill like this.
  13. ....oh....lol
    DiamondGamerGurl likes this.
  14. I know, right?
    the empty room, accompanied by a funny speech, is the one who wins.
  15. tied for 2nd! :p