[CONTEST] Guess My Exam Grades!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by 607, May 29, 2017.

?

Have you had your final exams (of secondary education) yet?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2017.
Yes. 18 vote(s) 64.3%
No. 10 vote(s) 35.7%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

I got this idea around the time of my first exam, and thought about it frequently afterwards, but by the time I had had my last exam I had forgotten. :p I remembered yesterday, though!

So, I've had all of my exams. I've got a feeling about how each of them went. However, unlike many others, I haven't checked my answers against the correction form, so I don't know how many points I've got for each exam. I also can't quite predict the 'n-term' for each exam yet (a variable which gets added to your grade).

So I thought we could turn this into a little game!

Entering is easy: just fill out this Google Form.
    Guess my exact grade for all 7 subjects I took exam in. So possible grades include 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, and so on, until 9.8, 9.9, 10.0.
    When we get the results, I'll compare the real results to the guesses. If your guess on any given subject is as close or closer to the actual result as/than my guess, you will receive 1000 rupees. Not much, perhaps, but hey, this is just for fun. ;) And if lots of people enter and some of my guesses are a way off, this might cost me quite a bit... :p We'll see!

I entered my guesses already: now it's your turn! :)
    haastregt, EnderMagic1 and Zrugite like this.
  2. Submitted :)
    607 likes this.
  3. Also

And good luck eh.
    607 likes this.
  4. I might have overestimated this greatly, but oh well. :p Hope they turn out as good as I said on the form. ;) (or better, of course :p)
    607 likes this.
  5. Apparently there isn't a Google Forms app on iPad, and I haven't converted the data to a spreadsheet... Well, I'll try to get onto my laptop later (I'm not home at the moment), because I'm wondering how many entries I've got! ;)
  6. You're taking 4 different languages o.o what kinda school is this?! :p That's cool though. Hope you did great on your exams!
    607 likes this.
  7. Submitted! :)
    607 likes this.
  8. Dutch and English are mandatory; then, you need to pick either German or French. Greek and Latin are optional, and only available at the highest level (you need to have either of them to be at that level). However, if you take both Greek and Latin, you don't need German or French, which makes me quite glad as I'm not a big fan of those subjects. :p (the German language is alright, but not as a school subject, to me...)
    One of my friends has got all six languages: Dutch, English, German, French, Latin and Greek. :p
    jossytheninja and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. Who entered as 'Which one?'? There's a chance you'll win on some of them, but I can't give you rupees if I haven't got a proper name. :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  10. Sent :)
    607 likes this.
  11. That's awesome ! I wish all schools were like that ....and lol omg good luck to your friend as well with their finals xD
    607 likes this.
  12. I've got 14 entries, so far! (including my own)
    Some are quite good, some don't make much sense to me... but if you try, there's definitely a chance you'll get close enough at at least one of the exams! ;) (or I must've made some very good guesses... :p)
    jossytheninja likes this.
  13. The outcome (that doesn't seem like the right word, but I couldn't think of the good one and Google Translate wasn't very helpful) will come June 14th! Until then, more people can enter! :)
  14. Geez, thats alot of languages, my school offers only 1 language other than english and thats not even compulsary past a certain grade which I think is like 8 or 9.
    jossytheninja and 607 like this.
  15. Results, I'd say. ;)

My school actually also offers Spanish, and, yes, you can take all of them at the same time. I know some people who did/do that. 7 languages, woo! I also had the 6 you mentioned for two years in a row. :)

In our school, however, you only have to have three languages the last two years; Dutch, English, and any of those other five.
    607 and jossytheninja like this.
  16. I get its good to learn a language but I personally I think more than one is too much for my liking, Id rather do a variety of history, geography, arts, buisiness subjects and stuff like that.
  17. You take quite a few languages there.....I cant even manage one xD (I am failing Spanish...my grades a 25% out of 100% ;-; )
    Submitted but I have no clue what I just did lol I just put in random numbers
  18. I disagree... I think I take none. ;) Dutch doesn't count, apparently, as you're saying you can't manage one, specifying Spanish, and I'm quite sure you've got English classes too (not entirely, but I believe almost every American school's got them). English doesn't really count for me either, as I learnt English from the internet, mostly, and already got a CAE from Cambridge University last year. As a result, I didn't study at all for English this year. Greek and Latin are languages, but the classes aren't really similar to those of any other languages. After all, for foreign language classes, generally, you need to be able to do at least these four things: read, write, listen, and speak. For Latin and Greek classes, however, you only need to be translate; I write Latin myself for fun sometimes (with heavy use of online and offline utilities), but even in Latin I have hardly any skills in listening or speaking.

I hope this doesn't give any more hints than I've given before. :p Because if you haven't submitted an entry before, you can still do so!
    Lady_Eliza and jossytheninja like this.
  19. It's only the day after tomorrow that this will close! :)
  20. The results are going to be revealed today!! :)
    I haven't gotten any new entries since June 8th, though. :p
    Tuqueque and Lady_Eliza like this.