[CONTEST] Find The Missing Monkey - 200K Prize {Closed}

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by kaptrix, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Gather ‘round while I tell the tale of the missing monkey. In 2010, my son and I traveled on vacation to California. While we were at Disneyland, we ate at the Rainforest Café. Before leaving, my son purchased a stuff monkey (it’s his favorite animal) and named it Bozo. Bozo became a part of our family. He went with us on vacations. He went with us to the grocery store and restaurants. He even went to school sometimes. In 2014, my son and I traveled to Idaho for a family wedding. On our way back home, we had a stop in Las Vegas. It was there that we realized we had lost Bozo somewhere along the way. We asked airport employees to double and triple check he wasn’t on the plane anywhere. He wasn’t. For months after, I called both airports to make sure no one had turned in our beloved Bozo. No one did. Since then, I have been tirelessly searching online to find the same stuffed monkey as a replacement. Nothing will ever compare to the real Bozo, but I think it would be neat to have the same monkey back in our home. I have been unable to locate this specific stuffed monkey, so I am asking for help from the EMC community. Below is a picture (I will try to find more) and the only information I have is that he was purchased in Anaheim, CA at the Disneyland Rainforest Café in 2010. I appreciate the help and good luck!

TL;DR My son lost his favorite stuffed monkey. Help us find one like it. Win rupees.

To win the 200K, you will have to find the exact same monkey. I have found many that look similar, but we want the same one we bought in 2010 (obviously not the real Bozo). This monkey does not have magnetic hands that stick together and it is a plush material. It does not make sounds. It has a Rainforest Café tag on the butt and it is a beige/brown color. It does not say Rainforest Café on the belly like the Fiesta monkey, but it looks very similar to it.
  2. Pictures of Bozo

Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Wow. Your son just noticed after 3 years? He obviously doesn't care for it. :p xD
    Bozo could be anywhere.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I've already scoured the pages of ebay. None of those are him.
    We didn't lose him until 2014. I've been searching online the past 2 1/2 years.
    There's no image.

Also, I posted another picture from when we first got him.
  6. its a hyperlink to ebay
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. that's not it, though
  8. yeah, i realized as soon as i did more research. I just wanted her to know
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  9. Ok I have looked through probably thousands of stuffed animals already XD

Do you know whether or not is was a Rainforest Café brand Monkey or whether it was a product from another company that was using Rainforest Café as a vendor?
    Also do you remember the price? And... the exact date you bought it?
  10. No, it doesn't make sounds. I'll add that to the OP.
    Story of my life the past 2 years lol. It is Rainforest Cafe brand, but I don't remember the price. I know it was Summer of 2010, but I'll have to look into narrowing it down.
  11. That 3.0 version looks pretty spot on. I even had my sister look and she agreed. I'll look a bit closer tonight and decide.
    Carbonyx and AhsokaTower like this.
  12. Okay, I had 3 family members and my son compare pictures and confirm that was it and it is :D I seriously cannot believe it was found so fast when I've been looking forever: I thought it was Rainforest brand but apparently not. My son was so happy he almost cried when he saw he picture. So, thanks everyone for searching and thank you so much AhsokaTower! I'll pay you when I get home tonight and I'm ordering that monkey tomorrow :)
  13. You're very welcome, though I can't lie. The motivation to look so hard for it, stemmed from the reward. I am glad to hear that he is so thrilled at the prospect of having the monkey back.
    SkeleTin007 and kaptrix like this.
  14. Whatever gets the job done :p
    This thread can now be closed. He's been paid.
  15. Im glad that you found it :)
    kaptrix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.