Constructive Feedback for EMC Games

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, Mar 26, 2014.

1. I like the foot race course but I do have one suggestion. I think at the beginning of the track the quartz stairs should be replaced with nether brick stairs to give it more of a nethery feel. Other then that the tracks great.
  2. But I can't even get in the track with those stairs
  3. You have to press the button and that lowers the stairs.
  4. Overdue Archery breakdown added. :) As always, I welcome constructive thoughts from all of you!
  5. Ok back home now.

Most of the point's have been brought out with regard to pro's and con's.

What I will repeat here is just things I found: -

Horse race just as Kephras said falling to the floor and starting again just made me want to give up and not complete aft the 3rd time I really didn't see the point as my time would have been way over other riders. Saying that this was the most horse riding I have done in MC so I did not expect to do well but it would have been nice to finish the course at least.

Foot race my time was over 7 min, way too long 3 min would have been enough, now saying that my keys did not seem to be responding well to all the jumping up steps etc. I would look at the fastest time and reduce the length of track according to that.

Archery I liked this, apart from the fact that only one person at a time could be taking a turn it was a timed event and everyone had the same time to hit as many targets as they could.

I think you could add this concept to the other events set a time for the event and the player does what they can do in that time. So measure the distance ridden, ran, swam or hit in the case of archery.

As to criticize, I would not dare to, all the above is only suggestions. Everything here has been purpose built every arena must have taken many hours of work, all games thought out with great detail. A tremendous amount of work and time and a big well done to all who have put in the time to bring these games to us.
  6. We need feedback on parkour and pigracing :p
  7. I would welcome everyone's thoughts here as well, as I haven't been present for some of the event times. In particular, I did not see the final running of Parkour or the trials for Pig Racing, so all input is welcome here.
  8. Although I havent been fully present at the other event pig racing was my favorite. The layout was simple and aesthetically pleasing. Simon did a great job in running the event with organizing a google document which included times, to making sure everything ran smoothly.

Something that happened in the pig racing which should happen in more events is a factor of luck, some people who didn't have amazing times did really well in the finals while others who did really well had their times tank.

Overall very interesting event, good job Simon. :)
  9. Well, I thought that the pig racing worked out good. Trials went quickly, although I wasn't there for most of it, It sure didn't seem to turn into an all day drag out thing as some of the more complex events.

I was concerned while the track was being built that the track was too small and short, but I have to say I was wrong about that. Three laps turned in times around 3 min during trials and closer to 2 min in finals.

Finals started and within the first 10 minutes the event was underway. I did stay for the entire finals, which was paced well enough for many people to watch the whole thing. I think only 1 player was absent. Otherwise staff juggled around a few AFK participants with minimal delays and there were no complaints from anyone during the event about anything that I noticed. I think it was good fun all around.

Technically, controlling the pig was a good bit harder during finals than during trials and practice. There was a large group of spectators that surely contributed to it. It wasn't horrific, but when moving at a pigs top speed, it made any little mistake seem very amplified. I hope that an events server will make this possible to resolve some day in the future.