[CONCEPT] Delves

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by ElfinCarrot, Jul 22, 2017.

1. I really have no clue where to put this thread so Im putting it here.
    I had an idea when I was playing Elder Scrolls Online we could unofficially apply to EMC.
    In ESO there are these mini dungeons called Delves which are basically just full of generic enemies to kill, that a lot of people use to grind for experience.

Given we have build mode and mobs can't destroy placed blocks, I thought this could be a cool thing a bunch of people could work together to create in the frontiers of the various SMPs. It wouldn't even require moderator involvement (in theory) and thus why I'm not putting it in suggestions.

Their basic layout would be similar to that of a mineshaft, 3x3 tunnels with the occasional large rooms. No one would be allowed to place torches, and someone could go down into them every so often to remove them. There could be a room or two with torches, beds, an anvil or two to repair stuff, etc.

The purpose of this would be to create basically a maze where people could publically farm mobs in a relatively uniform area. What are the advantages to this?
    • Mobs would always spawn since it's underground and dark
    • No worrying about creeper holes, since all the walls and floors would be placed blocks that mobs can't break
    • A fun alternative to the standard XP farm
    • Gives people something to do and roleplay a little bit
    Now I don't have any images unfortunately, nor do I have a uniform plan to how they should look (maybe making them non-uniform would actually be fun thinking ahead) but I wanted to get the idea sort of out there to see what people thought, and to see if anyone would be willing to build one of these on their home SMP
  2. Replying for the follow and to let you know I am interested!
    ElfinCarrot likes this.
  3. This sounds like a GREAT idea for the added games / events that eviltoade was looking for earlier. If staff doesn't want add this I think this is something us players could set up and hold an event for as well. I LOVE this idea!!!
    ElfinCarrot likes this.
  4. Well it wouldn't require an event of any sort, nor would it need staff. Think of it as a public farm that, for an added bonus, is fun
  5. Hm...doesn't sound complicated to build, would be easy to use, and would be useful. +1 from me. Yes I know this isn't a suggestion
    ElfinCarrot likes this.
  6. +1
    ElfinCarrot likes this.
  7. +1 Sounds like a cool idea
    ElfinCarrot likes this.
  8. I don't see why this requires staff at all. What i get from reading this is it's a maze where you run through and mobs spawn. Can be built without the use of staff. Would require work but can be done.
    ElfinCarrot likes this.
  9. Might add this to my outpost as something fun to do.
    ElfinCarrot likes this.
  10. " It wouldn't even require moderator involvement (in theory) and thus why I'm not putting it in suggestions."
  11. Sounds pretty awesome. Maybe it could be like another EMC server, where the tunnels are randomly generated for you to explore.
    ElfinCarrot likes this.