Computer Upgrade/Help me

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by qfvY, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hey guys!

I might be getting a computer upgrade within the next few months, may be 2 months, may be half a year.

Anyways heres what I wanted to get (over priced, but I don't care)

Macbook Pro 13"
    2.7GHz quad‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
    16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory (16GB Ram)
    512GB SSD storage
    Price: $2499
    Might make some of the stats lower just so I can get a better price.

Do you think these are good specs? Mostly plan on using it for school, like for writing papers. The only games I plan on playing (on a notoriously terrible computer for gaming) are FRHD, Fortnite or Apex Legends (doubtful), Minecraft, and Roblox (I can play these two games because I've been playing both for 8 years and I truly can't let go of nostalgia).

I've been wanting a macbook for maybe 5 years, and nows my chance. DO you think I should get it?
  2. Get a Windows and that price can be lowered as much as a grand and have those kind of specs. My brother has a simmlar apple and he wouldn't shake the "apple bug". By all means, if you have the money you can get whatever you want. I am just a person behind the screen.
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  3. Just get a supper good gaming pc for the same price
  4. I agree with ConductorConduit, Apple products have a high markup in price when compared to equal hardware specs on the PC side. If possible, I would consider getting a PC laptop, and that will automatically shave a lot of those numbers off of your price tag.

I think that if you are looking for a gaming machine, I would make it a desktop gaming rig, because it's very hard, if not, expensive to get a laptop and try to upgrade the internal components. With a desktop PC, your case (depending on which one you got), should be more than big enough to allow you to do so.
    ForeverMaster and 607 like this.
  5. I know Apple is very expensive, but besides that, this laptop seems ridiculously overpowered for your wishes. None of those games are hard to run, are they?
    My mother got a €1000 laptop a few years ago and she regrets it, as she never needs anything close to the power it has, only using it for work, which involves Office Word and dvd playing and/or subtitling software. I see you do want to play games, so you might want something like that, but 16 GB RAM? Woah. I am not knowledgeable in this field, but from what I've heard that seems overkill.
    ForeverMaster likes this.