Computer Building

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MichaelPiccolo, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Oh I don't know, habit. My first build has an Antec and my second will have one too.

An if you are gaming, you won't find any performance increase from getting an i7. Unless your games use hyper threading. And when it come to lights, don't go past this
    http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/98-hue-case-accessory
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. I know it's illegal and stuff like that, but you can download iso's from the internet and use a command in cmd to bypass the product activation. I did it in a VM
  3. I think that at this point, getting an i7 could be a plus because of how more games are implementing hyperthreading. Three years from now, he might not get the performance he wants without it.

And with that said, what state do you live in potato?
  4. I just downloaded the iso from the microsoft website and used my laptop key.
  5. United states
  6. Sadly no :(
  7. Cool so is it hard to build one? is it worth it?
  8. And by the way, you will need window pro+ If you have 16+GB of Ram
  9. I am looking for around 10GB so I will not need pro+
  10. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22Sjo
    This covers everything. And no, it's not very hard to build one. That is, if you research well. You should be careful, as I snapped a bit of of plastic that held my GPU in.
    flamingpotato42 likes this.
  11. I don't really care where you build it, but here are some good specs for a gaming PC,

Processor:Intel i-5 3770k
    GPU:Gtx 760/770(Depending if you want high performance in games like BF4 ect if you want to play those)
    PSU:650 Watts
    Cooling:Whatever floats your boat
    Monitor:If you want a really sexy monitor get a 120Hz one :D
    Mouse/keyboard: Steelseries!
    Ram: 1600 Mhz, whatever you want, 8 or 16GB if you are that cray cray.]]
    PM me if you have any other questions

My computer has basically these specs and was worth $1400 with a 770, probably 1200-1250 with a 760 if I got that.
  12. pcpartpicker is nice, but not the best to solely rely on...
  13. This is good but he doesn't need Win7 pro and a GTX 770 is better bang for your buck then a 780, maybe a 4770 is good for future "proofing" though they will get cheaper and better in time if you get a 3770k now and upgrade in years to come. A 750 PSU is also a waste imo, 650 will be fine, but make sure it is good quality!
  14. Why get last generations CPU when this generation draws less power is slightly faster? And true, there's no nee for a 780 at 1080p
  15. Bad PSU, and overpriced Win7.
  16. WaI????