[Community Feedback] 1.4 Wither Boss

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Oct 1, 2012.

1. I suppose I could throw a SKULL in as long as is doesn't WITHER down the debate.

- Locking it to a single area seems like a BEACON for abuse. Players (myself included) would just sit on the line that it couldn't leave and fire at it.
    - This idea seems ok off the BAT, just not sure how possible it would be (would the wither just sit there if no one attacks it?)
    - WITCH option to choose for spawn area? Outside of PRA seems reasonable to avoid wither's attacking players wandering around.
    - I really like the idea of a certain time FRAME in WITCH to kill the WITHER. Personally, I'd like to see the option be a certain about of time where it does not take damage. No activity works too, but it could be hunting for ages. I'd hate to have a time FRAME for killing it and it poofs before then - all my work would go to POT.

I'm out of 1.4 puns and feel much better now :)
  2. I say that we should keep the wither out of the PRA, the place is already a wasteland and could trap everyone in.
    jaqiefox likes this.
  3. Well a limit would be really helpful. Too many wild outposts would be destroyed if people constantly spawned Withers. Maybe put a small fee on spawning them.
  4. So many bad puns... :p
    mba2012, penfoldex and jkjkjk182 like this.
  5. Is it possible to have at random, whenever someone sleeps in a bed they get transported to another dimension where they encounter the Wither. A player wouldn't encounter it right off the bat, they would explore the new realm perhaps with other fellow dreamers in pursuit of the exit.

In the new realm, there could be chests randomly placed throughout and made of up the items that the Wither has taken from past players. It would be quite challenging in having only items from past players and trying to share the items among the other players.

If a player or players make it out alive then they are awarded the loot from others as well as the drop from the Wither. The new realm could have multiple exits as well as multiple Withers. That way a player could spawn at random sections of the new realm with different paths to the exit therefore not encountering the same result.

That is one of my ideas. Let me know what you guys think.
    HylianNinja likes this.
  6. That would be cool, except it would be pretty hard to code in.
  7. I personally do not like the idea of having to pay for the Wither. The 3 times a week is more than reasonable, as it will be difficult to get the 3 heads needed just for one wither, let alone 9 skulls total. I think they should be able to be spawned anywhere, PRA or not. The wither should attack anyone it sees, like normal. However, there is a problem with Nether Star theft. I think the person who spawned it should get the star automatically in his/her inventory once its killed. He/she worked hard to get the materials needed, so they deserve it. This will encourage more people to go to the nether and get the skulls, so they can get that wonderful star.
  8. That can easily be solved with: Whoever took part in fighting the wither all gets a star.
    penfoldex likes this.
  9. Yes, but I think it would be a bit unfair if this one random guy came along and hit the Wither once and kept running, then when the Wither died, he would get a star, practically for free.
  10. We can put in measures to ensure they are still nearby and continually fought it..

Regardless, if 1 or 2 people get a star without much effort, its not that big of a deal. It's better than the alternative: fighting over who gets the star.
    penfoldex and jkjkjk182 like this.
  11. I hope you all know that defeating the wither isnt a problem at all. Just make a cage with some water in it, and hit it through some gaps. The water is there to encounter the spaw explosion and because of the cage, it cant see you so it wont fire any skulls.

12. Now, to be honest, I feel the Wither should be limited to a certain block radius, 1000 would be more than enough. There should also be a certain amount of time until it despawns after a player dies. Or, do away with all those and just make it so it only attacks the player who spawned them. Make it so they can't enter the PRA, so if they spawn the Wither near there, and they get trapped inside the PRA, their fault.