Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. Say, would this affect people who are currently in the wilderness? I'm super lost right now... And not even close to spawn.
  2. .....
  3. What, is there something wrong? All I can say is that I'm not close on the live map, it takes a minute of scrolling or so, and I don't want to lose all my diamond stuff...
  4. The question is for a wild reset, and you asked if it would affect people in the wild... "wild" and "wild"
  5. Well I wanted to know if an d how I would be affected. I am currently in the wilderness as we speak. If I lose my stuff....
  6. It isnt right away the voting still isnt over, and after the vote is over there is a week until it is reset.
  7. I know but I'm not done in the wild and won't have access to a decent computer for longer than one minute, so..… yeah. And I read the tOpic b4 you quoted it.
  8. im sure you can be "done" in the wild if your just lost, I doubt you can be lost for more than a day or two let alone 2 weeks.
  9. Can I say this.

A) it took two days and nights In game to travel to the caves where I am.

B) I will only have enough time to get on MineCraft to make sure derelict policy doesn't activate.

C) I can't remember where I entered or which way I went to begin with.
  10. you'll still be in the wild, minecraft will move you up to a safe block if where you are you would get suffocated. You'll still have to find your way back though.
  11. Ah. Well I'll probably end up above ground. Thanks :)
  12. Just put all of your belongings into your vault when it is free and useable in the wilderness. This will keep you from losing any of it, just in case you die when you spawn into the new map....
    apamment likes this.
  13. How's smp7 twitch? :p I saw you on it the other day
    Twitch1 likes this.
  14. Fraught with danger... No 1.2 map either, so not too fun... :p
    We are debugging smp7 so that when we do update all of the maps we will be able to tackle any issues that may possibly arise in the EMC code. :)

It is work, with a tiny bit of fun. Don't worry, we aren't getting any special treatment... I actually have found several issues with client side mods...

Treecapitator is not quite stable in the same minecraft.jar you use for SMP..
    It makes trees invisible and unbreakable until you reset your connection to the server. So, until the author fixes it, don't use it or it will upset your EMC experience...
  15. Yeah Justin told me about the 1.1, he is going to make it a 1.2 map soon ;)
  16. O btw guys ( sorry for the double post but this is something completely different..) How many think the wilderness spawn is going to get nuked again like it was before? :p
  17. The question is not how many of us think that...

The question is: How long do you think it will take to the wild spawn to get nuked again?
  18. I joined this server only a few days ago. Truth to be told I voted Yes because when I got to the wilderness I had a deja vu of 2B2T. The landscape is totally ruined and unpractical.
  19. Agreed. Not to mention, I find A LOT more ore and materials way out farther then closer to the spawn, for obvious reasons of course, but that alone makes it worth it to me to go out exploring. I have a buddy that wanted a res on SMP 6 and he used up all 3 of his, so he went like 5000 blocks out and built himself a house and mines out there as well. He hasn't had a visitor once. That to me is what Minecraft is about, not this, "let's all stay in town and sell the crap out of everything I own" business some people think. lol
  20. 2 weeks max. That's why you gotta go explore. Exploring = Un-touched land and keeps away Un-Wanted visitors.