Coincidence or a sign?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ww2fan168, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Any belief in what the Bible says is not a theory. Saying that God created life, is a belief and not a theory. Christians who believe in God created the world are not scientific at all. They have no factual proof other than what an ancient book is telling them. There are a lot more problems with the Bible, then evolution. Science as reason and thought. The Bible... not so much.
    PenguinDJ and SoulPunisher like this.
  2. Atheists turn to plenty of theories about the creation of the Universe. One of those things is the Big Bang Theory.

Other theories cover the origins of life. Evolution isn't the theory on how life got here. For example:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primordial_soup

Also, why would God put life on comets and, quite possibly, Jupiter's moon, Europa?

Would also just like to add that single-celled organisms are not complex at all.
  3. Who said I believed in the primordial soup thing? It was an example. That site also gave me a headache - I don't trust evidence typed up onto pure HTML sites :p
  4. Wikipedia is mostly OK these days. Pretty much all the locked pages are 100% accurate. It's not 2001 anymore.

Also, that page seems to blame the primordial soup's inaccuracies on Charles Darwin. Charles Darwin was Scottish, he died in 1882, he's on British Pound Notes. The creator of the PS theory is Alexander Oparin. He was a Soviet biologist, died in 1980, and is not on British Pound Notes.

Also pls take this to a PM. This is like, the fourth time a thread has been derailed because of religion in the past few weeks.
  5. How am I not making an argument? My points are valid. Your argument is the one that cannot stand up by itself. Even though you never quoted it; you're referencing it subtly. Without the Bible, you wouldn't believe in God. As said before; evolution is not about mutation. The complexity of the Earth is due to billions of years of science and nature doing its magic.

I really cannot be bothered to continue replying to you. If you want to continue it just PM me and Soul. I'll be more than happy to continue there.

Wikipedia articles have references and are checked by many, many members of the site. There are even warnings at the top of the page if something is wrong with the article.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  6. Let's just agree to disagree then. We've derailed quite a few threads :p
  7. Which reminds me...

Putin is preparing war against the birds for his revenge.
    Leopard_Knight and nfell2009 like this.
  8. See what happens when you don't listen to Ncc?
  9. No.
  10. Then go back and read through the last couple pages :D
  11. FDNY21, PenguinDJ and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. This is so fake.....
    jkjkjk182 and nfell2009 like this.