COD Ghosts Multiplayer Reveal/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AmusedStew, Aug 12, 2013.

1. I hate "quickscoping", it is unrealistic, I might get the game ( HARDCORE PARKOUR)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. Maps are too big? Are you playing on console? If so.. wait for BF4 and the next gen consoles or play on pc.
    Yes lower levels have a chance, don't play on metro servers. My friend just got bf3 2 days ago and He's killed like 20-30 people per round. How is that no chance?
    of course Americans have different guns than Russia!!! Plus you don't have to level Russia and american guns separately, If you unlock the m16 you'll unlock the m16 equivalent on the russian side. How is it stupid that you have to level each class differently? If you spend all your time killing people with support class you can't expect to have assault class all ranked up. It's like you expect bf3 to baby you.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  3. Seeing as there are quite a few more people that want a normal PC just to have a computer as there are people that want a computer specifically for gaming, this fact has no meaning to what I said...
  4. Sorry, I just read the post above it. Also I couldn't really think of a good way to say Popular doesn't equal better.
  5. Feel free to read what I have to say if you want to...

You can compare the sales of the games [like I did], or you can actually take into account gameplay. Once you break the games down, they really are not that similar.

Battlefield 4 is kind of a do-your-own-thing-game. This being said, there are still objectives to be completed and the ultimate objective of beating the other team. However, you are able to accomplish these tasks with many different options. For example: You respawn and decide that you want to take an F-18 fighter jet out for a spin and see if that could help your team. Sure, you can do this in Battlefield because the maps are MASSIVE. Heck, there isn't even an actual fencing or buildings blocking you from leaving the map, only a message that pops up on the screen telling you that you are leaving the battle zone [or whatever]. Whereas, in Call of Duty, the maps are much, much smaller. Therefore, you're not able to go hop in a tank with some friends and blow buildings to pieces because before you even turn the damn tank on, you'd be all the way across the map. My point is, the map sizes are much different: Battlefield maps are so massive that not even the best sniper rifles can kill someone on the other side, whereas Call of Duty maps tend to be much smaller. This sometimes over-looked detail actually completely changes the whole play style of the game. Call of Duty is close-range fighting (especially with submachine guns and shotguns), and Battlefield relies on other aspects of the game to allow for pleasant gameplay from a long-range.

In terms of controlling fighter jets or flying helicopters, Call of Duty does give you somewhat of a glimpse as to what that would be like with the option of killstreaks. If you're good enough to get these killstreaks, you have the possibility of flying a huey or being the gunner of an AC-130 for a limited time. Yet again, another small difference that makes the games drastically different. One game, requires you to actually be good at the game to navigate the map with something other than your feet, whereas you can just say "hell with it" and fly around the entire game in a tank and not get a single kill in the other.

Realism is a big factor in both of these games. Yes, I do believe that it is not realistic for someone to take a 50 caliber bullet to the chest and still be able to kill you with an assault rifle. However, this is partially what makes Call of Duty unique: it's unrealistic yet surreal gameplay that it's fans always have to deal with. Often times, yes it is all about the luck of the draw, and yes, I would say that Call of Duty is hella unrealistic (i.e. - being able to pull a sniper up to your face that fast and then shoot on target is one thing, but if you really think about it, how is it realistic that someone can run around a map for 10 minutes with a 50-cal sniper rifle or an LSW LMG?). But like I said, the unrealisticness (not a word) of the game is what makes it unique from others. If you want it to be more realistic, Hardcore is always a great option, and there is always the option of finding a new game.

Both Call of Duty and Battlefield have mesmerized their fans into waiting for November each year so that they can pick up the newest copy of the never-ending series (I'm assuming Battlefield is an annual game that comes out in November? But now that I think about it...Battlefield 3 came out awhile ago, and Battlefield 4 is due to come out this Fall, so probably not...). I have been a fan of Call of Duty ever since I got a copy of Call of Duty 4 from my friend in 6th grade, however, I will be purchasing a copy of both Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 with open arms this Fall.
    PenguinDJ and cddm95ace like this.
  6. Man, i miss when people played Medal of honor, like rising sun and euro assault
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. Rising Sun was actually my first war game :p I remember me and my friend playing it co-op on his gamecube :p

On a side note... this is a bump.

Not much more info has been leaked as far as i know but I havent been in on alot of the info lately, if you know anything leaked after the livestream let me know please :p
  8. Memories :)
    AmusedStew likes this.
  9. this is my opinion cod is like paintball with real guns. battlefield is war with real guns tanks everything.
    Minecraft952 likes this.
  10. My list of things I want from Call of Duty: GHOSTS,
    -More like Battlefield.
    ..um yeah that's it.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  11. Obviuosly Battlefield. How is it not better. You know, CoD is good, but the multiplayer kinda sucks compared to Battlefield.
    They do go on about the jumping over things and how other players can see your loadout because it's all over your back. Battlefield, is 2 steps ahead.

Can you fly a plane (in multiplayer) in Ghosts, what's that.. No?
    Can you drive a tank (in multiplayer) in Ghosts, No again?
    Can you drive a Jeep covered in C4 (in multiplayer) in Ghosts, Nope.
    Can you use a Dog to kill Enimies, YES!