COD Ghosts Multiplayer Reveal/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AmusedStew, Aug 12, 2013.

1. I prefer Battlefield, but I don't think the OP wants this thread to become a BF vs COD debate, just a discussion of the new COD repeat :)
    kritacul likes this.
  2. They say every COD is game changing, but none of them really are :(
    kritacul and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. Doesn't that mean not so good players will get kill streaks like juggernauts in MW3? I really felt cheated by that.
  4. I love how there is so much hate on the Call of Duty series, yet it is one of the best selling video game franchises in current day. The only video game series that beat it are ones that were released in the 20th century (with the exclusion of The Sims being released in 2000). And yes, it does top Fifa, whose first game was released in 1993 [10 years before the first Call of Duty release]. Even though the series has it's ups and downs between games, it will always be one of the most popular FPS games as long as Activision keeps dishing out new ones every year.

As for Call of Duty: Ghosts, it looks hella good as of now. Then again, anything will beat the piece of trash Treyarch released last November.

Oh, and, there have been twice as many Call of Duty video game copies sold than Battlefield ;)
    RainbowChin, L0tad and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. Just cause its more popular doesn't mean it is better. Look at iPods and iPhones, they sell better than any other mp3/phone model, yet they are junk compared to the competition. :p Look at the Wii! Its junk too! Yet with the right marketing, companies can make you think the opposite. With that said, CoD 4 was a great game, peak of the series. After that, it has gone down hill, just like Halo has since Halo 3. Also, technically, Wii Sports is the best selling game, just saying. Which proves my point that popularity and sales does not equal quality. :p
    If you look at the PC market, BF3 has sold slightly less copies than MW3 and BO2 combined. If you game on a PC, you generally are more informed and/or experienced. You look into a games quality before purchasing. You don't just say "OMGZ COMMERCIAL BUYBUYBUY."
    aKz4e9O_460sa.gif
    Other than that, if the new CoD can be as high of quality as CoD4, but keep the class customization, and make real sized maps, I might have to change my opinion on their future. :)
  6. I wish they would just be like 'This is getting stupidly repetitive now, can't we just remake Call of Duty 4 and upgrade the graphics, add new killstreaks and some new maps' Sadly, that will not happen :(
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. I won't really refer to you reference of iPods being junk, however, my point was that Call of Duty would not keep it's status in the top selling franchises if the buyers did not believe it to be (which clearly there are a lot of buyers). Also, it still wouldn't be popular if Call of Duty 4 was the peak...
  8. I feel like call of duty will always have a bestseller title until people become bored of it, Ive been playing the game since World at War (Cod 5), Im not bored yet it still is fun for me. As long as they continue to release a new game each year it will be enjoyable I think personally.
    TheSkidz likes this.
  9. So who watched it?

My opinion:

It looks sick, the new sliding features and all, just epic. The new gamemode cracked or whatever looks sick I will end up playing that alot so there isnt alot of campers.

One thing that disappointed me is quickscoping doesnt look too good for ghosts...
    TheSkidz likes this.
  10. Ehhhhhh Battle field 4 allows you to ride elevators in buildings, ride vehicles etc... Ghosts... gave you a dog in Campaign :p
    cddm95ace and kritacul like this.
  11. I dont care about BF4, this is COD GHOSTS discussion thread D:
    PenguinDJ and Jake_bagby like this.
  12. Ehhhhhhhhhh just saying...
  13. This is the first IW Call of Duty that has sparked my interest over the years. Treyarch games are much better in terms of COD by far in my book. They change things up and of course have the amazing Zombies. Though, this reveal showed IW is actually open minded this time around to trying new things. I'm interested in seeing more updates as time goes on. Generally I skip the Infinity Ward version for the better one each time around, but I might not this time.
    jkjkjk182 and jacob5089 like this.
  14. I like IW for multiplayer more personally and treyarch for the zombies, but yes, this reveal had me on the edge of my chair the whole time :D
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. Treyarch was the one that let me tolerate the COD Multiplayer haha. I could do with ANY COD getting rid of the cheap things like quick scoping and drop shotting though. First one of the two companies to completely rid of those cheap tactics will win a place in my COD heart, haha.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. I like quickscoping but not in pubs only in private match, dropshotting is cheap and so is jumpshotting. I just want camping to be gotten rid of xD
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  17. No way. Camping is an awesome way to troll people and if you're good, it doesn't affect you. All you gotta do to stop campers is not go to where they are more than once, haha.
  18. Trolling is one thing sitting in a corner the whole game is another ;)
  19. That's my point. Someone sitting in the same corner the whole game is free kills. Why would you want that gone? :p
  20. All I know about COD4 is that Eminem made a new song for it :p
    TheSkidz and IcecreamCow like this.