[Closed] Help with some desktop choosing :/

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShyguytheGamer1, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are you going to be playing minecraft from your bed or something?
  2. You never know :>
  3. Bigger airspace is not better. Smaller airspace can be just as great or even better if you maneuver the airflow correctly. ATI does not exist.
  4. ATI does exist.
  5. The parent company is AMD. All of their products are branded as AMD. All of their holdings are under AMD. Why not just call it AMD?
  6. He is not talking about Assessment Technologies Inc.
  7. I know, but that doesn't mean ATI doesn't exist ;) In this context, it isn't really the correct word, but it still exists.
  8. I'm talking about the TI and ATI graphics cards and how TI is the one I want and the ATI is what used to run roller coaster tycoon...
  9. "TI" is not a company. It's a type of graphics card. Think of it almost like the iPhone 6 and 6s. Nvidia makes those type of graphics cards.
  10. wise guy
    noun
    Informal. a cocksure, conceited, and often insolent person; smartaleck:
    He has a reputation for being a wise guy.
    CaveSent and TomvanWijnen like this.
  11. Please don't make statements like this.

AMD, the company you are speaking of, not ATI, makes very good graphics cards. Their Fury X GPU is just as good as a 980 Ti.

AMD being bad is a stereotype. They're just as good as Nvidia.

EDIT - On another note, Ti is not a company and not even a brand. It's the name of a specific product. Nvidia is the company that makes that card, and Nvidia's competitor is AMD. The name of the card is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, usually shortened to GTX 980 Ti. Ti is not a company.
  12. Although their processors may not be as powerful as Intel's, they still perform almost as well and sometimes better
  13. Not even close. As far as processors go, AMD is highly behind on IPC (instructions per clock). AMD processors can handle fewer instructions for every cycle than an Intel CPU. For this reason, 4GHz on an AMD architecture CPU is not equivalent to 4GHz on an Intel architecture CPU and the Intel one will win lots of benchmarks.

The 9590 being AMD's flagship CPU right now (and also so hot that water cooling is a necessity) can't even touch a high end i5 processor, let alone an i7.

An AMD chip outperforming its Intel counterpart has been unheard of for half a decade.
  14. All I wanted was a list...what went wrong :I
  15. Huh.. I guess I overestimated AMD's processors.
  16. You not doing research is what went wrong

EDIT: And you already got a list. The thing is, you're only willing to buy from your local stores from what I've seen. Some parts in the lists that I have given you may not be in your microcenter, and you not knowing much about parts could become a problem when needing to choose a different part because the part that you were going to get is not in stock
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  17. You started making statements, assumptions, and thoughts, without any research or support.

I'm sure we all would have helped you and this would be going perfectly smooth if you hadn't started making comments like these
    among others

I'll make a list tomorrow if nobody else does.
  18. Meet me at the IKEA in hicksville... i got the stuff...
    Shyguy_1 likes this.
  19. Closed by request.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.