Client Help (Can't log in)!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by emfs_ad, Aug 3, 2017.

1. When attempting to log on to EMC (any server for that matter) each server stated that I'm running the wrong client. I'm running the most recent client version, which has been working since today. Here's what I'm seeing:

I've already tried opening EMC under Client 1.9 and 1.8 but a message tells me that that's the wrong client as well.

If anyone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
    ShrinkingMatt likes this.
  2. Well, if you're using the newest one, that'd be 1.12.1, which emc isn't compatible with yet :)
    All you need is to switch to ordinary 1.12
    deathconn likes this.
  3. Yeah 1.12.1 released today and EMC isn't ready for 1.12.1.
    deathconn likes this.
  4. Yeah I was having the same issue as well. Just switch to 1.12 only, not 1.12.1. I missed the first round of firefloor messing with the settings.
  5. This is why it's usually best to make a dedicated profile for the server(s) you play on and then make it use a specific version (such as 1.12) instead of using "latest version". Because the moment something changes then you can run into issues such as these.

(edit)

Also, as crazy as it might seem, OptiFine can help you out with this as well ;) When using OptiFine you'll have the setup as I described above. So other than enhanced graphics you'll also be safe from unwanted upgrades :)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  6. I am having the SAME problem just now !!!! ANY previous Version says I am not using the up-to-date Client, and when using the 1.12.1 current .... it says as above .... and shows Empire using the Waterfall 1.8,1.9 as pictured.

It's super weird .... as I was in about 12 hrs ago ... with no problems. And now ... I couldn't get in with a key AND a battering ram !!
  7. Yeah ...it's the new version messing it up .... Stay with 1.12 !!! I was able to get in with that.
  8. In the MC Launcher, create a new profile for 1.12, NOT 1.12.1. If you are using the 'Latest Version Profile,' MC updated to 1.12.1, but EMC isn't compatible with that version yet.