Chat improvements

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. i always ignore disconneced mssgs. Tab takes care of any need I have to check who is and isn't online. I say take it away all together... if somebody I'm really engaged in conversation with (PM) logs off, I get the handy "ended conversation. player logged off". All I need.

Afterthought: and since we have the ability to scroll now, why not stop the chat window from automatically rolling upward, expanding further into the play screen? Hitting "t" lets me look at all this anyway. Scrolling lets me see further. It's distracting when that starts to bleed up into the field of view.
  2. This part. I like this part.
  3. Sorry this is client side, all on Mojang :(
  4. Good point. I am still excited though. :D
  5. First i was thinking to day is there a way to /reply to someone fast glad your adding that :D and would it be possible to hide shop chat if people are buying huge amounts from my shop i tend to miss things in chat :) like /ch shop off or something like that
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  6. Interesting idea about the shop notifications. I could add that when I re-work the shops plugin as it is not handled by chat.
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  7. Okay sounds good :)
  8. Not sure if it's been mentioned , but i would welcome a Trade Channel.
  9. How about a way to auto "Bleep" profanities. I was Derping on a random server and someone was cussing and when he/she did... chat auto fixed it and there was a currency deduction.
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  10. It's only a band-aid solution , they will just put a space or numbers instead of a letter. There's no way around it. I haven't seen that much cursing around EMC. It's civilized in general.
    Cypher_Rahl likes this.
  11. A method to get around this for now is to have http://empireminecraft.com/servers/ up in the background and occasionally check it out. (Than maybe use the website to talk?) Although not as good as a simple /tell it might help for now.
  12. The server I was on replaced all the characters with asterisks.
  13. Yea, but trust me- when people want to swear they'll get it out somehow.

The positive thing is, it will cover the slip ups when people casually swear and forget about the rule.

My little list:
    Add; 'Trade" channel for buy/sell purposes
    Add; "Friend" channel that varies depending on who you /friend
    Add; "Help" channel for job searching/posting, and questions.
    Add; 1-5 minute cooldown to using town chat. (avoid useless spam)
  14. One of the 1st things Justin Said was not to add friend channels i think
  15. So you look at that whole post and just point out that one thing? Don't waste my time. It was actually the last thing he said on his OP.

I put that in my list as things I'd like to see. Whether he adds it or not soon is of little importance to that fact.
  16. I know moderators have the ability for global chat. Why not make a "supporter global" chat aswell? All supporters can talk cross server, and would only be viable when engaged in the ACTIVE channel. Also adding another perk, and another reason to help out the empire! :)

EDIT: I take it that this isn't what your current project is about? :) well future ideas huh!
    hayleycolgan and Cypher_Rahl like this.
  17. you dont need to be rude rahl, he was just trying to be helpful.
  18. Supporters CAN talk cross server though, through the supporter channel, lol
  19. Er, well not across the servers, but across the world. You can be in the Nether and talk to someone in the Wild. =)
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  20. VOID! :)