Chat Filter Improvements - 1/10/14

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Or any laptop that doesn't have that side scrollbar. Two finger swipe does fine.
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. Tryed that and it didn't work :(
  3. Which is why I suggested the Page UP/Down. That is what I use to scroll chat. It probably is near the right-hand side. and reads. "pg up" or "pg dn". Again, how is this relevant to this thread?
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. or you could open the chat section (default is t but i use enter) and simply hit the up key
  5. I found something that semi-needs fixed with that ...

I typed /tell panda and was talking to her for awhile ... then I got the ReadTimeoutException : null for standing still in the end near a grinder too long.

When I reconnect I was going to tell her something (thinking I was still in conversation chat)
    But the message went to /ch l in the end

So I typed /tell panda , pressed [T] ... pressed up ... and hit enter ... and the message had the word '_BLOCKED_'
    in front of the message

I thought that it actually blocked the message, but she responded to it ... and said she saw the word ... so apparently the word _BLOCKED_ showed up in her message that I sent her

So I guess the system is thinking i'm repeating the message, but since it's in a different channel i'm technically not - so the word is showing up as a string in the message itself.
    607 likes this.
  6. hmm... i think its because I forgot to apply the filter logic for tells. I used _BLOCKED_ as a keyword to flag it as filtered, but the code that checks for it is not in the /tell logic atm
    607 likes this.
  7. I actually didn't ever now there was something like this. I guess I'm not a spammer then?;) Also, I can really laugh when I see those little stupid things you forgot that can cause something like elektoi said to happen
  8. It was kind kind of a silent release about the filter, don't want it "documented" for the spammers to see :p The fact you didn't know means were doing it right - not impacting legit chat :)
    5chris100 and 607 like this.
  9. Hooray for uneducated minds like me and 607! :D I didn't know about it either!
    Just kidding about saying he's uneducated. He's a really awesome dude. :)
    607 likes this.
  10. one problem, when someone doesn't hear you and you try to repeat your self :p
  11. You can repeat it in 30 seconds, but switching chat channels also resets it too. So if you really need to resend, just switch real quick, or add a word or so to the message.
    trent948 likes this.
  12. I wonder if jack is going to get mad at you again for stealing the mini updates :p.
  13. The mini updates thread was deprecated as this Empire Updates forum was designed to replace it and have an entire thread per update :)

It was super hard to have discussion on the small changes with a single thread.
    607 likes this.