Changes were made with supporter status...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Sorry, sorry... I am in defiance once again I suppose... :confused:

I do not mean any disrespect, but considering the importance I believe this post should not be limited to supporters only but to the whole community. For more than one reason guys... If Maojang (blame Aya for that nick, but I stand 110% behind her!!) does come knocking then I don't think they'll get supporter status and get to see all this.

The second reason... It has been made clear on the supporter pages, why not come fully clear?

With all due respect... I honestly think this should not be limited to supporters only.

I took the liberty to emphasize (underline) on what I deem really important for current and upcoming supporters.

Look you guys.. You won't get as much rupees by becoming a supporter as you used to, but if that was your main drive then seriously: voting gets you much more! :eek:. But you still get your automated rupees which I think accounts for a lot as well.

I am going to do a guide on all these changes once the whole thing got sorted out, but trust me when I say that Empire Minecraft honesrly has our best interests in mind as well. (we pay some of the bills after all).

My apologies for going a little bit "against" staff with this but... honestly, I think transparency is ofthe utmost importance here. Also considering the stakes. EMC is working hard to comply with Maojang (personal opinion) and if you don't agree with these changes... don't shoot the messenger.

I for one think that nothing really changed as much. If you miss your rupees (trust me: I do too!) then consider /vote'ing.
    ChespinLover77 and 607 like this.
  2. It sucks that the supporter perks have to change but they have to and there isn't anything we can do about it. It's also good EMC is becoming EULA compliant, Unlike a lot of servers who have rejected to comply and are being stubborn.

EMC isn't just about the in-game money, It's about community and friends. People spend hours upon hours every day on the server chatting to their friends. Okay, It's good to have a lot of rupees but that isn't what EMC really is. EMC is a community, A family :)

I've been supporter in the past (Pretty sure most people have) and the rupee bonus is either the same amount you'd get from voting or more. I think most people think about what they get rather than think about the server-side of things. Supporters help keep the server running, They do and it's hard to deny that but do they realise how much of an impact they have on EMC and the community?

Now my little rant is over, Let's get back on topic :p

I agree there that nothing has really changed, Nothing BIG will change (At least I hope so). Thank you Shel for making this thread. It'll be nice to see what the community as a whole thinks of the changes EMC is bringing forward :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. It very clearly states on the supporter page that the rupee perk is GONE.... IN RED.
    The automatic rupee perk is still listed on the supporter page.

This is the most appropriate place to inform NEW SUPPORTERS of what has recently changed.

So we needed to inform CURRENT supporters, who are not checking that page. So it was made in the supporter forum.

Also, Mojang doesn't 'find out' by checking our page.

We emailed Mojang and let them know the changes made, and currently there is nothing pending to be changed. Mojang came to us with requested changes, we replied that changes were made.

The end.
    Krysyy, ThaKloned, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  4. I agree with Aikar's post above mine; however, I did find reading the post you quoted interesting, so thanks, I guess! :)
    ShelLuser likes this.