Can't Sleep | Stress Problems | Chronic Head Pain

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by IamSaj, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I can't really "explain" it exactly. But it's usually something about death, (me or someone else) but other than that it is as random as a normal dream...
    EDIT: It is also usually something to do with my family, or gaming as stupid as that sounds.
  2. This is going to sound a bit crazy lol. But when I get sick, my mind starts obsessing about one thought. Be it a phrase, a simple math problem, etc. It will keep on repeating inside my head, bouncing all over the place and make me feel so so much worse. This is what your dream explanation makes me think of
  3. i take it every night ;) because i am SOO energised its hard to sleep
    odd_kid, Jeanzl2000 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. sleep is irrelevant :p
  5. Exercise. It is very under rated. It helps produce things your mind needs to counter act things it doesn't. I'm not a doctor but I know it helps.
    Happyshopper likes this.
  6. Ask a doctor/medical pro

Do not take medical advice from random-people-on-the internets
  7. thats an ignorant thing to say. Not that taking medical advice from people on the internet is a good idea.. but if you actually READ and COMPREHEND the comments, you will see no medical advice was given. Simple suggestions to seek the help from a medical professional, yes. But that is no different than you saying,

sometimes just having someone to talk to is a relief. It is easy to find yourself feeling alone, especially if there some sort of imbalance, and just having the comfort of someone showing a general concern about you, and that willingness to help, is just that, a comfort. I am not saying, or advocating that taking medical advice from "random-people-on-the internets" is a good idea, but, I just read through the whole thread again, and saw nothing really of the sort. I saw, "hey this helps me, cant promise it will work just a suggestion" and "listen to some sounds" and most of those were followed with "seek professional help as well".
  8. No, really, it's not.

It's stupid to offer medical advice here. Stupid, and potentially problematic legally.

Do you want me to point out all the inadvisable medical advice in this thread? It's probably not a good idea.

Simple: "consult the experts, don't ask here". Is all.
  9. The only thing I'd see as possibly medical is the melatonin suggestion, then again you can go to any store and buy it. Lots of people take it. Then again I am no expert in the medical field so maybe there's a bunch of code here that I don't see that is telling him medical stuff.
  10. I actually believe that seeking professionals "doctors" is bad advice when it comes to things like this. They like to load you up with medications that essentially kill you. Natural ways to curing ailments is much better than so called "medical advice."

Through a home business I'm involved with, I'm learning a lot about natural cures/minerals. I learned of a man named Linus Pauling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Pauling). He is one of only two people awarded Nobel Prizes in different fields (the Chemistry and Peace prizes). He is famously known for saying that almost every ailment can be linked to a mineral deficiency.

The problem that is being stated here is likely one of those things. I see no problem with people offering alternatives to "going to a doctor". Doctors are great when it comes to surgery and physical things that need repairing, like bones. However, I know of many people who have had diseases and issues that doctors claimed "Sorry, it's your genes, there's nothing we can do" who had those problems relieved through natural types of cures and vitamins/minerals.
  11. Hey,

This helps with me, I stop playing PC / Video games AT least 30 mins before I go to bed and read a book, that gives my brain time to cool down other wise I cant sleep and I lay there watching game footage in my mind...
  12. Every time Ive visited the doc's for stress related symptoms that is what they have suggested (At work if they are making redundancies and you can prove your stressed about it they are less likely to sack you) t
  13. This helps me when I get stressed (Which is very rare for me) you could read any book you have and you just totally forget about what's your problem a bit.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  14. See a councillor and eat french vanilla ice cream. It doesnt help me but i might help you. The smell of ice cream actually alleviates stress and pains and if you sleep with it somewhere near you it makes you feel better.
  15. this is a good idea, i also wake up in the morning with like the play hub with like all the minerals and stuff and it is like that for most on the day but i cannot really get rid of it, really weird
  16. if I cant sleep I get a massage that can help u sleep, and read a book that helps too
  17. What if it's an Online Doctor.
  18. It depends. There are sites where you can ask a doctor, they can give you a guess but will tell you that you'll need to seek medical attention to determine the true problem. Don't go to WebMD. *Inputs runny nose, fever* Results: CANCER, LUPUS, AIDS, EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA. "Well, I'm dead..."
    Jeanzl2000 and vividOptimism like this.
  19. Do it, only the ones from Thai land are trust worthy

or http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/ and type your symptoms

(UK and its free health care)
  20. Sore throat

=

Tonsillitis
    Acute Sinusitis
    Indoor allegens
    Dust exposure
    Heartburn
    Epiglottitis