Can't connect to minecraft.net?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by _REMOVED_8827, May 18, 2012.

1. *Me 3 hours ago posting this topic.* "I guess no one else is have this problem.
    *Me checking now.* "Holy cow that's a lot of posts."
    marknaaijer and autumnrain26 like this.
  2. People run to the forums when they cant get their minecrack fix... Erm, Minecraft.. :p
  3. So apparently when you use the Launcher it says can't connect. Mine even says I don't have it downloaded. I just connected through the browser fine. I'm just spazzing out because it's such a small screen.
  4. Browser doesn't work for me. :/
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  5. Im waiting for the client to start working again.. In the meantime I am reinstalling Priston Tale because I realised it was still around and my old account was still on the site so I might still have my old Atalenta from PT Beta.. :3
  6. I'm playing Club Penguin :3
  7. I'm still not doing any school work :p
  8. The same F*****g thing happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. I'm watching The Office. Totally worth it.
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  10. LMAO It works for me haha, wonder why... hacks?
  11. So I guess minecraft is down for now well multiplayer anyway.
  12. I'm on through the browser, but can't connect through the client. If the login servers were down, the browser shouldn't be letting people on either. Not sure what this is, honestly.
  13. Well I can now get on the offline version, can get on the browser version but it freaks out and I hate how small it is. Just gonna watch Bo Burnham on Netflix.
    Frodomann1 likes this.
  14. Hmmm guess I beat Batman arkham city tonight
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  15. I really want to go on minecraft but I CAN`T!!!!!
  16. Currently login.minecraft.net doesn't respond to PING requests.

The servers (at least what my DNS request resolves to) are hosted on Amazon Web Services. AWS supports different regions. I am being directed to *.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com. If anyone is able to get on it is my guess that they are hitting servers in a different region.
  17. I blame this on the xbox 360 version of Mincraft...
    oidgod and PandasEatRamen like this.
  18. Why does it need to go through minecraft.net first anyway?
  19. you could easily just press F11 for fullscreen :p
  20. To verify your account.