Can I win supporter vouchers by winning an event?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PseudoDistant, Mar 16, 2017.

1. I have some friends who tell me that I could win diamond supporter vouchers if I was.as good as them. (which I don't understand because I'm better than them :D lol!)so can I get supporter vouchers just by winning events? or are they LYING.
    Equinox_Boss, AyanamiKun and Tuqueque like this.
  2. sorry about the caps I'm using my samsung galaxy prevail ( an old phone :) ) I didn't mean to do that.
    Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  3. Some people give them away as prizes for their player events. Senior staff events can sometimes have them as a prize.
    Equinox_Boss, momstrio and Tuqueque like this.
  4. I give away at least one at all my personal events - not my "staff" ones though. :)
    Equinox_Boss, momstrio and Tuqueque like this.
  5. They are as a rare occassion given away. BUT you can easily buy them for:
    Iron 5$- ~90k rupees
    Gold 10$- ~180k rupees
    Diamond 20$ ~340k rupees
    Equinox_Boss, momstrio and Eviltoade like this.
  6. Don't feel sorry. This is a matter of urgency. Sometimes there are events put on where a support voucher is given out. Most of the times its a head as a prize. Drop parties tent to have supporters dropped. At least the drop parties that signify a milestone.
    Best bet if you want to get a supporter is to mine material and sell it or auction it off. Iron vouchers which basically let you talk to people in town out in the waste or wild. Go around 75-100k. While Gold supporters get a 2nd res along with other perks, those can run 170-200k. Diamond the most coveted runs around at 288-325k+ It's coveted because it allows you to have a grand total of 4 residences among many grand perks.
    On a side note, Gold and Diamond allow you to obtain a residence on Utopia and use the Utopian /wild and /waste. Fair warning as the residence on utopia counts towards your max residency. It is not a separate entity but rather a larger portion of the whole. Max residency: Non supporter 1/1, Iron 1/1, Gold 2/2, Diamond 4/4. You can keep the extra residence after your supporter runs out. In which case your ratio would look like this. 2/1, 3/1, 4/1... That 1 meaning if you are not a supporter and you unclaim a residence. You'll be unable to claim a new one until your status of residency is under your max allowed.
  7. Ninja's
    Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  8. whoa I thought that you lose your other residences when you lose your supporter thank you but I have another question. Why would anyone unclaim a res?
    Equinox_Boss and AncientTower like this.
  9. Equinox_Boss and AncientTower like this.
  10. It is also important to note that vouchers are intechangeable. Basicly you can exchange 1 diamond for 4 iron since they have the same monetary value.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Well in the past a player I knew unclaimed a res to /claim a different one. Not knowing that once the supporter ran out. Her eligibility to keep a max of 2 residence went with it. She thought she'd always be able to have 2 and switch locations whenever.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  12. Rumor has it that in my upcoming anniversary event (yeah, I'm holding my anniversary event approx. 1,5 years after it actually happened) you can win 2 iron support vouchers as the main prizes. It's unlikely that you'll win both, but it won't be impossible either. Expected date of the event: 20th of May this year.

Don't forget about the bulk deals either, further down the list. You can buy 1 dia for $20, but you can also buy 6 iron for $25. In other words: 1 dia (= 4 iron) and 1 gold (=2 iron). One of the reasons I seriously like those vouchers and EMC in general; they don't try to screw us over (figure of speech).

I think you may like this guide which I wrote some time ago, it explains exactly what happens when your voucher runs out:

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/guide-so-what-happens-if-your-voucher-expires.48926/
    Equinox_Boss and AncientTower like this.
  13. There isn't a reason to unclaim a res unless you want to move to a different res which you can't if you don't have supporter. I know this is kinda late but yeah.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I moved my res to be next to my wife and kids, had to pack up on smp9 and move to smp1 where they all landed... It was a nice feature for sure if you needed or wanted to move lots or to a new smp.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  15. Well I do see there are some senarios but I was thinking from like a staying in a res type deal where you won't need to move
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. What supporter voucher are you looking for?
  17. any of 'em
    Equinox_Boss likes this.