calling all photoshoppers!

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by batmegh, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hmm if only i knew a font like that I could re-create the sketch without using the sketch.
  2. I looked for a good while but nothing really came close.
  3. Well thats the wrong attitude, if you'd asked I would of gladly let you use it and given you the original svg file but since you didn't bother and have an attitude like that - forget it.
    I spent 45 minuets tracing that drawing in inkscape so if you could do the same do it.
  4. Im sorry i forgot the internet doesnt carry sarcasm. My post was supposed to be sarcastic.
  5. Are you trying to say that your post was your own trace?
  6. He's saying, since you can't get past your uptight attitude to see it, that he was being sarcastic about saying he could have done what you did. Think of it like seeing someone do ten push-ups on just their index fingers and proclaiming "I could do that but I just don't feel like it" as a joke.
  7. I don't see my attitude as uptight, I just see it as morally wrong to copy someone's work without asking or crediting them.
  8. True, but if you're so protective of your work, then don't post it. This is a free domain.

In the context of this thread, this is a collaborative effort which Meghs has asked us to generously work on pro bono (in terms of real money). You should feel proud that your efforts are being utilized rather than discarded.
  9. I am happy for my work to be used but it's just the fact not even a mention was added in his posts.
    A simple "I used Daffy's trace and added colour..." would of done.
  10. As far as I'm concerned, unless they explicitly try to pass it off as their own, then the credit is implied. Everyone who reads the thread can see where it came from.

If the final design happens to have used your trace and credit is not given, then you can take action.
  11. Again, I agree but if I was in his position I would of credited. He doesn't have to legally but morally I would feel obliged to.
  12. And changing the subject.............
    I might give a shot at this :D
    (If i do win ((doubt it lolz)) i wont take the money meghs, thatd just be giving me back the money ive donated to you hahaha)
  13. Mind if i use the picture? Ill give you credit.
  14. yeah sure. Do you want the original svg file?
  15. nevermind, photoshop decided to explode and not work :S
  16. lol ok :p
  17. My initial concept that I pm'ed yesterday before the rules changed. :)
    Felt like sharing since everyone else is, and because I'll be making requested changes soon as I get home from work.
    Edit: oh just so you know, this was just a concept, hence the jagged edges in the lettering.
    LZBZ_DW, xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and battmeghs like this.
  18. lol, okay, for everyone trying, i want the wording to look smooth, easy on the eyes, like bonesabre's.. the font looks rounded, nice, and even, there isn't scratchy edges, or uneven lines.

because when that outline is colored you see all the faults in it, and it looks too cartoony and looks like it was sloppily made. (no offence) because you shouldn't take offence, the outline is nice, just not with color.

Daffy, i like the pink and blue that fades into white, but can you make the words look more rounded or like a real font that a computer would make? not like the outline?
    you know what i mean?

and please, don't fight, there is no reason at all to fight.
    everyone needs to be happy. ^.^
  19. Giving it a shot right now. Not using photoshop though, I don't have it and have some much better, free programs on computer :p
    battmeghs likes this.
  20. also, i've been asked if you have to use photoshop. lol, well no! anything will do that edits photos

THIS is the kind of font look i am looking for.
    though its getting small adjustments such as the H in LOHR is going to be behind the M instead of in front.