Calling All Outposts! United Outposts Organization

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by SteamboatWillie, Feb 23, 2016.

?

Would you consider joining United Outposts?

Yes 13 vote(s) 54.2%
Maybe 6 vote(s) 25.0%
No 3 vote(s) 12.5%
Not yet maybe in the future 2 vote(s) 8.3%
  1. I'd like to help build the SMP2 plot!
  2. biome totally we are preserveing the earth...so build a mini one!
  3. hey and I got an empty smp2 plot that I willingly offer up as HQ or even mini base for smp2 nad I think the skyscraper would be cool!
  4. Great to see so many enthusiastic outposts about this :)

A few ideas I have would be to give each outpost a section on the smp-town plots where they can introduce themselves, in the simplest case it could be a sign, a renamed item or a little statue.Each outpost also can have their own banner and/or colours on display.

Also, so far we have been exchanging little tokens of appreciation with our befriended outposts (in our case renamed gems saying "A Token of Friendship from Carthaga"). Others could also hand out these items to befriended outposts, whom then can put them on display in their home. And of course in the smp-town gathering halls.

And don't forget to include a friends section in your forum thread, like this one. I hope this list will grow a lot soon.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  5. I put myself under mabye. Still want to drop a note.

Because i have most outpost/city's on smp9. and one small on smp2, that where my first one so. i have a problem to get easy back to town :O

The idea is intressting and good, but not so active. depends on the time of year too.
  6. Just a thought here. Since this is a united outposts organisation, made up of outposts in the wild, why in the headquarters in town? Why not have it in the wild somewhere, or potentially have multiple meeting locations?
  7. There are a few reasons we would do it in town:
    -Easily accessible, no trekking through wild
    -No griefing
    -If we have meeting place on utopia, most people don't go into wild on that server

Maybe when empires come out we can have a place in the wild, but for now we should stick to town
    Kaizimir likes this.
  8. Dragon island outpost would be willing to commit to the cooperation and even lend a res to an SMP that has not yet got a res.

Owners: Gawadrolt, MistressMagick, Nutriciousbudha.

Guest/members: Jesuspower2, jossytheninja, redberryjam, JDhallows, mrwhosmagic, skittishtitan, laadybaconbutt(fallereavyn), originalscuf, infinityowns, galactic_fox and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head.
  9. Great to see more people interested in this. Right now it is going a bit slow, since people are busy IRL. But this thread is by no means dependent on a few. If you wanna arrange collaborations, please feel free to use the space here as your forum. It is for everybody to use.

I haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet. But would you be able to give the build flag on this res, let's say to the leaders or ambassadors? Then each outpost could put there banners, symbols or whatever there.
    Maybe we might even be able to set up an in-game meeting, though these things are usually difficult.
    PetuniaFigtree likes this.
  10. Sorry for not following through with this guys! I have a lot of things on my plate. I assure you I will start working on it soon.
    PetuniaFigtree likes this.