Calling all Enchanters: Specialty Tool Shop Co-op, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by margaritte, Mar 29, 2012.

1. I'm in - I'm working on a private Grinder, so I'll be able to get a fair amount of EXP. Also, if you want help actually making it, I'd be willing to give it a go while I am taking breaks from making my grinder.
    Let me know
    Also, I'm interested in a front-door section of the tower xD
  2. YAY! I'm not even going to try to keep a fully-stocked enchantment shop running. I don't think that's even possible. what this will be is that each vendor will have a few chest in which to sell whatever they have on hand.
    I'm doing the tower out of white wool and circle stone, but the blue diamond blocks will be there.
  3. Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't figure out how to edit in a quote ;)
    YAY-- glad to have you on board. The construction of the main part of the building is pretty much done. I just need to put in the decorative blocks and glass. We can most likely work out a front door section for you...
  4. ...I got a buncha stuff... ..low and high end... I am interested

(check out my inventory if you like)
    SMP7 14048
    margaritte likes this.
  5. Ive never been much of a "grinder guy" but after doing some research the whole idea interests me and I think it is great so I think I would like to participate. Also I was thinking that the the most trusted vendors have access to an all-powerful grinder somewhere that I am building it. That way more enchanted items would be there. :D
  6. We would love to have you, and of course, the more grinders the better ;) Please be careful who you trust, though. I am not screening shop vendors at this time, so their being a part of this project does not make a person trustworthy. No offense to anyone -- I'm just sayin'
    ninjaboy5656 likes this.
  7. Well you can check my absolutely flawless and clean record with a moderator ;)
  8. Should look great! I've got some diamond blocks and I'm always looking for enchanted picks, if you need some.
    margaritte likes this.
  9. Sounds interasting I'm in
  10. I don't have a grinder though
  11. ill join! seems awesome!
  12. I've been thinking about how the shop should be setup, and right now I'm leaning towards doing three floors, based on item type, and not sorting things by vendor. The first floor would be for low-to mid level enchanted tools, and the second floor would be for low-to-mid level enchanted weapons and armor. The third (and smallest) floor would be for the hard-to-get enchantments like silk touch, fortune III and items with multiple enchantments.

Also, I'm thinking that I will not be charging rental fees for the chests. I do, however plan to do a lot of give aways and things to help bring people into the store, so I will expect merchants who are making money from the shop to kick in for that, either Rupees, or items for the promotions - a little something every now and them for me to show your appreciation would be accepted as well ;) Chests will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and I will be checking regularly for empty chests and removing the signs to make room for new items as old items sell. Does that sound like something you all would be on board with? I'd really like to have input from the vendors about how you think the shop should be run.
  13. your idea sounds good, But I'd like some sort of Vendor organization - such as you describe, but if a vender has multiple products on multiple levels, have all of that person's chests together?

thinking about going on creative and making an example of what I am saying - cause not sure I explained it well
  14. I would have to look into selling here at some point. I'm currently in the process of getting 2 cave spider spawners ready for my grinder.
    margaritte likes this.
  15. We could try to do something like that. The tower isn't huge, though. My main concern is having empty chests sitting around. I don't see people having tons of the same item to sell, aside from maybe the bows that come from skeleton grinders or Eff I picks and the like. I might do buy/sell chests for those kind of lower level enchantments, and not let people have personal chests for the easier to get stuff.

I'd like to see a screenshot of what you have in mind.
  16. Only after constructing a massive building does my computer crash - I'm going to edit this in a minute to add a picture -

Ok, "Each Letter is a Person"

person A, B, C, D

So each person would get four chests, right above/below their others - yes I realize this looks thrown together, cause it was.

margaritte likes this.
  17. Double Post to bump so you see picture! :p
  18. We'll have to see who ends up having what to sell. If a vendor is steadily supplying items and needs that much chest space, then I will accommodate them, but I know that I usually only produce a couple of enchanted items a day, of lower levels, and sometimes it takes me a couple of days to pull of a level 50 enchant. We'll play it by ear and see how it goes.
  19. I'm interested in having a chest or two. At the moment I'm just using a zombie spawner for the xp, but I have a large spawner in the making.
  20. Hey Nab - For some reason i can't press "start conversation" with you, Message me?

Also, your probably right - I was gaining level 50 every 6 hours ish before, but that was 99% of the time there.... so... a lot of people won't have all that much I guess - the problem I see happening is: The chaances of getting the EXACT same enhancements on multiple items seems rare, so you'd need a new sign for each of them, meaning you'll be adding signs a lot!